Electronic Circuit Question.

Perhaps you're not familiar with Ritesh's threads, but I cannot think of any methods that have not been tried and failed. There is certainly more to it than just an issue with the language barrier.
I'm familiar with them. That's why I said "after watching the lengthy unfolding of all this", alluding to more than this thread.

@RRITESH KAKKAR
While I remain willing to assist you with the approach taken on this thread -- I strongly urge you to participate on @The Electrician 's thread: HERE
Although I firmly believe 'discovery' to be the best approach, I am compelled to concede that, ultimately, favorable outcome is realized through meeting the requirements of the individual student -- as opposed to compliance with pedagogic theory...

Of course I don't know whether @The Electrician 's approach is applicable to you -- I do know, however, that 'my' approach seems to have you 'intractably stalled':oops:

FWIW the following summarizes our approaches (as I see it):

My approach: Present a concept then 'gently guide' the student toward 'discovery'...

Principal Advantages:
1) Development of independent problem solving and, indeed, thinking skills...
2) 'Epiphanies' make lasting impressions!:D
Principal Disadvantages: The student may, at certain junctures, feel 'lost' or bereft of direction ---- under some circumstances progress may be difficult to 'gauge'...

@The Electrician 's Approach: Develop skills incrementally - each lesson calling/building upon skills previously acquired until such time as the 'target' skill level is attained...

Principal advantages:
1) The high degree of structure promotes discipline and confidence!:)
2) Systemic methods, by their nature, tend to preclude liability to 'knowledge gaps'
Principle disadvantage: Systemic approaches can be tedious and 'lackluster' -- moreover, owing to the method's dependence upon 'linearity', rigor is lost to the requirement of 'being comfortable' at each 'stage' prior to proceeding (maybe a good thing, in your case?:))

Good luck!:cool: -- I expect to see you making a genuine effort on @The Electrician 's thread!!!:):):)

Last edited:

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
a fair amount of aptitude/talent, which as I have said in a couple of previous posts, seems to be somewhat lacking here.
Electrician that's just mean spirited and wrong:mad:! I got cross with rritesh too because he has talent but doesn't use it! If you were any judge of intellect you'd know that! I'm not sure if he's joking or just too distracted but he sure isn't dumb! I say think before you post!

Last edited by a moderator:

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
@RRITESH KAKKAR
While I remain willing to assist you with the approach taken on this thread -- I strongly urge you to participate on @The Electrician 's thread: HERE
Although I firmly believe 'discovery' to be the best approach, I am compelled to concede that, ultimately, favorable outcome is realized through meeting the requirements of the individual student -- as opposed to compliance with pedagogic theory...

Of course I don't know whether @The Electrician 's approach is applicable to you -- I do know, however, that 'my' approach seems to have you 'intractably stalled':oops:

FWIW the following summarizes our approaches (as I see it):

My approach: Present a concept then 'gently guide' the student toward 'discovery'...

Principal Advantages:
1) Development of independent problem solving and, indeed, thinking skills...
2) 'Epiphanies' make lasting impressions!:D
Principal Disadvantages: The student may, at certain junctures, feel 'lost' or bereft of direction ---- under some circumstances progress may be difficult to 'gauge'...

@The Electrician 's Approach: Develop skills incrementally - each lesson calling/building upon skills previously acquired until such time as the 'target' skill level is attained...

Principal advantages:
1) The high degree of structure promotes discipline and confidence!:)
2) Systemic methods, by their nature, tend to preclude liability to 'knowledge gaps'
Principle disadvantage: Systemic approaches can be tedious and 'lackluster' -- moreover, owing to the method's dependence upon 'linearity', rigor is lost to the requirement of 'being comfortable' at each 'stage' prior to proceeding (maybe a good thing, in your case?:))

Good luck!:cool: -- I expect to see you making a genuine effort on @The Electrician 's thread!!!:):):)
HP you're being too nice to electrician cuz teachers have to believe in students! If I had teacher like that I'd probably be scrubbing floors or turning tricks:eek::mad:

Electrician that's just mean spirited and wrong:mad:! I got cross with rritesh too because he has talent but doesn't use it! If you were any judge of intellect you'd know that! I'm not sure if he's joking or just too distracted but he sure isn't dumb! I say think before you post!
It was not intended to be mean spirited, just an observation as to what I saw. And, I certainly didn't think he was dumb, just that his talent might lie elsewhere.

As a result of his performance in my new thread, I now think that what appeared to be lack of aptitude for electronics may have been due to his instructors trying to get him to take too large steps, a difficulty exacerbated by the obvious language barrier.

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
It was not intended to be mean spirited, just an observation as to what I saw. And, I certainly didn't think he was dumb, just that his talent might lie elsewhere.

As a result of his performance in my new thread, I now think that what appeared to be lack of aptitude for electronics may have been due to his instructors trying to get him to take too large steps, a difficulty exacerbated by the obvious language barrier.
Ok so maybe your heart is in right place but you are still saying he is slower than others but his ideas and abstract musing say just opposite! Like HP says if he learns that's all that counts but if he isn't challenged I know he'll just lose interest! Now I say HP give him too much information by showing him Q formulas but it helps him see big picture and that's what matters in long run with ppl like Rritesh! I know cuz been there myself!

I am utterly stunned at the patience HP has shown!! And while everyone is focused on RK I think its worth pointing out that kids like myself who are lurking here are learning alot!! So your effort is far from wasted!

[MOD NOTE: Deleted uncalled for insult.]

HP I am nominating you to be canonized! I have NEVER seen any single person have the grace and determination to keep there cool and no matter what continue to help, as a result you have supplied a thread that will help many many people in times to come, way past the time that RK learns to flash a LED without blowing the chit out of the PSU :D.