A electronic circuit question !

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Yes if you make two assumptions: That the ammeter has zero resistance (a perfect ammeter); that the resistor shown as variable is set to the resistance written next to it, 2.2kΩ.

You are given the voltage across the zener. The voltage across the ammeter/220Ω/2.2kΩ is the same as the zener voltage so you can calculate the total resistance of this branch and therefore the current through it (IL).
You are given the voltage at both sides of the 100Ω resistor so you can calculate the current through it.

Now Kirchoff's first law will give you the current through the zener.

Atakan Şişman

Joined Dec 17, 2016
Yes if you make two assumptions: That the ammeter has zero resistance (a perfect ammeter); that the resistor shown as variable is set to the resistance written next to it, 2.2kΩ.

You are given the voltage across the zener. The voltage across the ammeter/220Ω/2.2kΩ is the same as the zener voltage so you can calculate the total resistance of this branch and therefore the current through it (IL).
You are given the voltage at both sides of the 100Ω resistor so you can calculate the current through it.

Now Kirchoff's first law will give you the current through the zener.
how can i calculate total resistance? that is can i calculate just 220 ohm there?

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
ix = iz + iL Correct.
Now ix is the current in the 100Ω. So what is the voltage across that resistor and therefore what is the current?

Atakan Şişman

Joined Dec 17, 2016
ix = iz + iL Correct.
Now ix is the current in the 100Ω. So what is the voltage across that resistor and therefore what is the current?
10/100= 0.1A = ix therefore, 0.1A= 2.3*10^-3+ iz if i solve this equation, iz= 97.7mA is it true?
Why 2.3 mA very small value? and What is ampermeter of value? Where is Vo ?
YOU ARE A GREAT MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!