Electronic Circuit Question.

@RRITESH KAKKAR

Ok -- To get you started I've simplified matters via stipulation of the reactor arrangement as shown below (note that the matching network is drawn in black) --- All you need do is calculate the values of reactances X1 and X2 -- Recall that 'negative' reactance is capacitive -- You may leave the reactances in 'signed format' or stipulate reactance type (i.e. Xl or Xc) as you wish... -- Apologies for the crudeness of the 'artwork' -- LtSpice hasn't an 'ambiguous component' symbol and paint is not a 'friendly' application...:oops:

lnet.jpg

HP, if you don't mind me asking, why are you still wasting your time? You know it's useless to try to help him.
I ask myself that same question several times a day!:rolleyes: -- Occasionally I catch a (fleeting) glimpse of (what seems to be) genuine interest -- If he is sincere he merely needs to focus -- one can but hope...

Very best regards
HP

X1 will be capacitor because 180 phase i.e. negative voltage will cancel the inductor voltage.
what is the use of X2??
There is no telling what 'reactor type' X1 will be prior to solving for the network -- the compensation requirement means only that X1 must subsume port #1's reactance (as, for instance, via an Xl 4Ω less --or-- an Xc 4Ω greater than 'called for' by the solution...

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Perhaps the Socratic Method isn't the best teaching technique to use with RRITESH. Maybe a fully worked example with every step shown in full would work better.
That's been tried several times -- there's no indication that it helps past the end of the example. A very painfully applied Socratic approach has seemed to produce results that at least lasted until somewhere just past the beginning of the next example.

That's been tried several times -- there's no indication that it helps past the end of the example. A very painfully applied Socratic approach has seemed to produce results that at least lasted until somewhere just past the beginning of the next example.
I disagree with respect to this impedance matching problem in process now. For example in post #188, a final result was given, but without ALL the intermediate steps explained. HP keeps trying to drag it out of him, but it isn't coming. I have always felt that the Socratic Method requires a fair amount of aptitude/talent, which as I have said in a couple of previous posts, seems to be somewhat lacking here.

I think the language barrier is a factor in the pace of his progress, but after watching the lengthy unfolding of all this, I'm convinced there's more than just that impeding the learning process.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I disagree with respect to this impedance matching problem in process now. For example in post #188, a final result was given, but without ALL the intermediate steps explained. HP keeps trying to drag it out of him, but it isn't coming. I have always felt that the Socratic Method requires a fair amount of aptitude/talent, which as I have said in a couple of previous posts, seems to be somewhat lacking here.

I think the language barrier is a factor in the pace of his progress, but after watching the lengthy unfolding of all this, I'm convinced there's more than just that impeding the learning process.
Perhaps you're not familiar with Ritesh's threads, but I cannot think of any methods that have not been tried and failed. There is certainly more to it than just an issue with the language barrier.

Perhaps the Socratic Method isn't the best teaching technique to use with RRITESH. Maybe a fully worked example with every step shown in full would work better.
First off -- sincere thanks for your input!:) --- I don't feel he'll remember the technique unless he 'discovers it' for himself - that said, I am incrementally 'easing' the learning curve via 'narrowing of the field', as it were... (You'll please pardon the mixed metaphors!:oops:)

If he's sincere (quite despite my 'bouts' of exasperation, I tend to think he is) his issue is that of focus -- While he's clearly intelligent and motivated - he sorely lacks discipline...While, in my experience, such is well nigh 'readily' manageable in a personal setting -- It is challenging (to say the least) , albeit, in my opinion, possible, via a forum... Of course the language barrier is an added complication:(

A very painfully applied Socratic approach has seemed to produce results
Agreed -- and such has been my experience with others struggling with focus...

Very best regards
HP:)

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012

Note that I didn't say that it has always produced positive results, however transient. Merely that it has seemed to work, at least on occasion, in the past.

There is definitely more going on and we can only speculate. The biggest symptom seems to be a strong inability to retain focus. There is very little we can do from this distance via a forum to deal with that beyond trying for force him to constantly come back to the same point he was at before. Giving in and giving him the next steps just rewards the lack of focus.

Perhaps you're not familiar with Ritesh's threads, but I cannot think of any methods that have not been tried and failed. There is certainly more to it than just an issue with the language barrier.
FWIW I have personal experience with individuals presenting precisely as Ritesh -- Said presentation being that of one 'so enamored of the wonders of the world' that they find it impossible to dwell upon any single topic --- Stated otherwise; they lack the discipline to take a quantitative approach to reality...