Electronic Circuit Question.

I understand this very well.
I hope so!:rolleyes:

I am asking what to do with it now?
Apply it to the solution of the exercise in post #113

Again, impedance may be regarded as the EMF to current ratio --- Further to that, the 'clues' offered by @Aleph(0) and myself regarding the relationship of the transformation ratio to system 'Q' in this type of network should render the solution obvious!!!

System Quality Factor (Q) = √(transformation_ratio-1)
Q is proportion of reactance to resistance so like Qp=R/X and Qs=X/R
--Emphasis added---

Last edited:
What is the mean of quality factor here?
Just as @Aleph(0) stated in the quoted text...

What is Qs and Qp
Qp = Q relevant to parallel connected reactor, resistor circuits.
Qs = Q relevant series connected reactor, resistor circuits.

what it indicate?
Apart from the relationship described in my previous post -- important implications of Q include bandwidth, efficiency, gain (in active systems), etc... -- but you needn't understand all of that at this point...

it is AC because AC has reactance dc has resistance.
It's AC because inductors react to changing current and capacitors react to changing EMF:)

Resistance applies equally to AC and DC whereas reactance is possible only where the applied signal contains an 'alternating component'...

@RRITESH KAKKAR
Please note that the problem of post #113 is simplified by the fact that, inasmuch as reactance (as opposed to capacitance/inductance) is specified, you needn't concern yourself with frequency, waveform, etc...

ok,
i know this atleast.
What to do next?
Again;
Apply it to the solution of the exercise in post #113

Again, impedance may be regarded as the EMF to current ratio --- Further to that, the 'clues' offered by @Aleph(0) and myself regarding the relationship of the transformation ratio to system 'Q' in this type of network should render the solution obvious!!!
:)

i think we will add Capacitor to absorb reactance from inductor.
Inasmuch as there are several ways of compensating the four ohms of inductive reactance, good practise will first design the transformation network without regard to port reactance - whereafter the most efficacious means of compensation will be evident...

So... The transformation ratio = 25/3 (i.e. 50/6) --- you take it from there!:)

Last edited:
pls tell what to do next?
were is source and frequency.
Inasmuch as reactance is stipulated and sought frequency is irrelevent!

The assignment of 'source' and 'load' to the ports is unnecessary to the concept and solution of the exercise
-- That said; port #1 is consistent with a typical RF power BJT's collector impedance while port #2 is typical of a well matched antenna...