Electrical & magnetic field detectors #2

Dangarrett177481863

Joined Oct 31, 2021

I found a schematic for a simple "homemade tri-field meter"

END QUOTE

I’m interested in this circuit, can anyone point me in the direction of more information about it?

Thanks in advance

Moderator edit: New thread created from this.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
What do you expect to hear om the speaker? It will play all kinds of interference like 50Hz or 50Hz electricity hum and every AM radio station around you at the same time because it is not tuned.

Dangarrett177481863

Joined Oct 31, 2021
What is the source if the fields you are trying to detect?

Bob
I’ve just got a new job as an EMC technician and we use a similar circuit to verify various things are working. Mainly when testing conducted immunity and surges

So the source is a cable with transients of a range of frequencies being inducted onto it

If I understand correctly we are injecting modulated signals in the range of 150kHz to 230MHz or lightning tests which would be a single high voltage pulse at about 500MHz

all we need is a LED to light up to show us a field is there to quickly verify it is working as a secondary sanity check

Dangarrett177481863

Joined Oct 31, 2021
What do you expect to hear om the speaker? It will play all kinds of interference like 50Hz or 50Hz electricity hum and every AM radio station around you at the same time because it is not tuned.
I was planning on tweaking the circuit to all an LED instead of a speaker to indicate a field is present, it doesn’t have to be precise