Electrical Engineering Questionnaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aimal

Joined Dec 13, 2016
Hello fellow Engineers,

I hope that you’re fine and doing well.

I want to write a Technical Paper about electrical engineering, please if anyone of you is graduated from Electrical Engineering please write your email address in comment box. I want to ask them some question (questionnaire) about Electrical Engineering and then publish it in my Technical Paper.

Here is my email address: E-mail Address Deleted

Thank you so much J

MOD NOTE: E-mail address deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Your approach to collecting data is fundamentally meaningless because you are using a highly self-selective survey approach. The only data you will get will be from the tiny fraction of people that chose to make the effort to participate, but you will then analyze the results assuming that they are somehow representative. But why did that tiny fraction choose to participate? On what basis can you claim that they compose a representative sampling of electrical engineers? Aren't the representative engineers the ones in the overwhelming fraction of engineers that chose NOT to participate?

You can't take these kinds of shortcuts. You need to find a way to approach a representative sample of the population you are trying to survey (and if you want to survey electrical engineers, then recognize that the membership of AAC is NOT, by a LONG shot, such a representative sample) and then you need to track what fraction of that sample that was approached actually participated. A rule of thumb is that you are in good shape (in this respect, there are plenty of other ways your data could be useless) if at least 75% participate and that you are in pretty weak shape if less than 50% do.

Otherwise your data is so fundamentally flawed that your results actually constitute negative knowledge gained because you think you have learned something when, in fact, you have not -- that's worse than at least knowing that you don't know something.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
As a rule we don't remove threads unless they violate the User Agreement. Others often come across threads and learn something from them -- that's one of the major objectives in having a public forum.

But we do generally close threads to further replies if the TS requests, which I'm going to assume you do.

Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.