Electrical Engineering Laboratory: PCB Layout Design

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Can someone help me fill this table? I only found the answer for transistor and resistor only

How is ANYONE supposed to have a clue as to which packages each component should use? That's like asking people to tell me what type and size tires I should use on my car without telling them what kind of car it is or what kind of driving I plan on doing or what my tire budget is.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Again, you aren't giving anyone enough information to even begin to suggest what component packages to use. Most, if not all, of the components in your schematic come in multiple package types. How is anyone here supposed to know what package the parts YOU plan to use are in?

This really has the feel of someone that has paid zero attention throughout the course and now is throwing a Hail Mary expecting some stranger to do their work for them but you have paid so little attention that you aren't even aware that there is no way for anyone that even wanted to and was willing to do so based on the completely inadequate information you are giving.

Tasneem Nasarudin

Joined Apr 18, 2018
Again, you aren't giving anyone enough information to even begin to suggest what component packages to use. Most, if not all, of the components in your schematic come in multiple package types. How is anyone here supposed to know what package the parts YOU plan to use are in?

This really has the feel of someone that has paid zero attention throughout the course and now is throwing a Hail Mary expecting some stranger to do their work for them but you have paid so little attention that you aren't even aware that there is no way for anyone that even wanted to and was willing to do so based on the completely inadequate information you are giving.
And that is my homework. I feel weird and dizzy to when I received it. I thought only me myself whom cannot answer the question. That's why I'm asking for help over here just incase anyone understand this question. If I do know how to do this question, then I won't be asking here. Anyway, thank you for your responds.

Tasneem Nasarudin

Joined Apr 18, 2018

Btw, I'm not someone that "has paid zero attention throughout the course and now is throwing a Hail Mary expecting some stranger to do their work for them". I got 3.5 gpa for the last semester. It just that I can't understand enough what this question want. Thank you again for your response. But please don't accuse me for something you don't know.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
As posted there is sufficient information to answer the question.
There really is no one right answer for any of them.
The question is more about you challenging you to make some sort of logical decision on a suitable package for that type of component.

Let your teacher know that there are a few typos/grammatical errors.
It should be "by tabulating it in table 1" not "buy tabulating"
Also it should be "write down" not "list down"... No one says "list down"

It would be better if it was written as follows..

Please identify and write down suitable component packages for the components shown in the circuit in Figure 1.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Ha! I used to try to give grammar/spelling advice to my profs/TAs in college.

I was either ignored or resented.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
As posted there is sufficient information to answer the question.
There really is no one right answer for any of them.
The question is more about you challenging you to make some sort of logical decision on a suitable package for that type of component.

It would be better if it was written as follows..

Please identify and write down suitable component packages for the components shown in the circuit in Figure 1.
May be worth mentioning to the prof, but who knows who did the translation to English.

Also, WE may not say "list down", but it is entirely possible that it is a common English phrase in Malaysia or elsewhere.

Certainly we see similar things all the time. For instance, how often do we see "doubt" about this or that when native English speakers would use "question" or "uncertainty" since "doubt" generally connotes that you think the information is wrong as opposed to expressing that you have no reason to believe that the information is wrong but rather you just don't understand it.