Electric sewing machine misses on "continuous sewing" mode

jonlim

Joined Mar 18, 2019
Hi! I have an electric sewing machine. It has 3 sewing modes: continuous, single and reverse.

If in continuous sewing mode, it usually doesn't sew continuously, it will just sew once then stops. It requires several push of the button before it will finally sew continuously. Is it a problem with capacitor?

Thanks in advanced!

drc_567

Joined Dec 29, 2008
... A possible initial step towards fixing the problem would be to find some electrical contact cleaner and spray the pushbutton several times in order to clear any dust, dirt, or fine particles from the mechanism. Be sure to operate the button several times while spraying in order to distribute the cleaner. One brand of contact cleaner sells a 'plastic safe' version. ... Not to sure about other brands, so try it out first on a piece of spare plastic in order to avoid damage.... You probably want to find actual contact cleaner rather than a lubricant or water repellant.

jonlim

Joined Mar 18, 2019
T
... A possible initial step towards fixing the problem would be to find some electrical contact cleaner and spray the pushbutton several times in order to clear any dust, dirt, or fine particles from the mechanism. Be sure to operate the button several times while spraying in order to distribute the cleaner. One brand of contact cleaner sells a 'plastic safe' version. ... Not to sure about other brands, so try it out first on a piece of spare plastic in order to avoid damage.... You probably want to find actual contact cleaner rather than a lubricant or water repellant.
Thanks! I will try it!

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
The most probable cause of the problem is likely to be friction in the sewing machine's mechanics. How long has it been since you did a routine cleaning and lubrication of the mechanism? It is usually forgotten about until problems occur.
Regards,
Keith

jonlim

Joined Mar 18, 2019
The most probable cause of the problem is likely to be friction in the sewing machine's mechanics. How long has it been since you did a routine cleaning and lubrication of the mechanism? It is usually forgotten about until problems occur.
Regards,
Keith
I did lubrication about a year ago and this is not heavily used. I will do another lubrication of the mechanical parts. Thanks for the tip!