Electric Dog Collar

ecuffe

Joined Jul 16, 2020
Hi, I have a new electric dog collar that is not working for my existing transmitter. The collar works based on its proximity to a wire going around the property. The new collar does not work and wondered if its a frequency issue. I have attached a photo of the 2 collars. The green is the existing collar and the orange is the new collar. How do I know what can be interchanged from one to the other?

Attachments

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Without any specifications, IE Product Datasheet, my crystal ball is very cloudy. Could be frequency, could be proximity, could be loss of proximity signal. No way to tell without more information. I would suggest contacting the manufacturer of the latest collar to see if it is even compatible with your existing system?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!

Cropped, rotated images:
clipimage.jpg
clipimage.jpg
We have no way of telling from pictures. We can't even tell if they use the same principle.

Your best bet is to consult the documentation to find out if they use the same, or compatible, frequency.

You could contact the manufacturers to get information about how they work, but it's unlikely that they'll give you anything. Making their system proprietary makes it difficult to do what you're trying to do. They want you to buy replacement parts from them.