Electric Car Seat Diagram Help

Mikewill53

Joined Sep 16, 2018
Hi,
I'm hoping someone can help, the electric seats in my car dont work. I've got a wiring diagram that I'm trying to work through. On page 225 of the following PDF it shows the diagram
http://www.lrservice.ru/data/277/RR_SPORT_VIN_147226_OK.pdf
What I've noticed is that VBatt electronic going into the memory module, which I believe is the power to the electronics from the battery doesnt have any power. I'm hoping someone can tell me if its meant to have constant power? If not Im guessing a break somewhere in that connection is causing it.
Thanks for any help
Regards
Mike

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
there are two supply circuits:
VBATT POWER - high current, used to supply power to the motors
VBATT ELECTRONICS - low current, only supplying logic

both circuits have positive and negative terminals. poor or missing connection at any of them could cause unit to be non-functional. (yes, don't forget to check negative terminals).

same goes for switchpack. if common is not connected, no button will work. this is why the ground connection on switchpack is redundant.

Mikewill53

Joined Sep 16, 2018
there are two supply circuits:
VBATT POWER - high current, used to supply power to the motors
VBATT ELECTRONICS - low current, only supplying logic

both circuits have positive and negative terminals. poor or missing connection at any of them could cause unit to be non-functional. (yes, don't forget to check negative terminals).

same goes for switchpack. if common is not connected, no button will work. this is why the ground connection on switchpack is redundant.
Ok thanks, I'll check all of those things later