Forum Suggestion Electrial Power Engineering

tahir51214

Joined Nov 11, 2011
Hi, I want to suggest admin to create a forum for electrical engineers who are related to power systems on this website as this field is very close to electronics engineering and many of its members have sound knowledge of electrical engineering. I also want to ask other members "what is the best way to transfer my suggestion to admin"? Is it enough?

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
A reasonable request. If we can have a separate forum for the Flea Market I don't see why a Power Systems Forum should be discounted. Of course there are probably other sites closely allied to power engineering where you might find a broader scope of topics and/or conversations relevant to your interests.

Last edited:

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Posting in this forum is probably the best way to make the admin aware of your suggestion.

That said, the site does not make the distinction between electrical and electronic engineering that other cultures seem to.

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
We do however get plenty of power engineering threads.

We would have to decide how far to split the cookie.

Power engineering as in electricity supply engineer?
Power engineering as in (power) appliance engineering?

Other topics worth separating out might be

(satellite) communication
Satnav
Radar

Creating these would have been a better investment than the new interface IMHO.

snav

Joined Aug 1, 2011
We do however get plenty of power engineering threads.

We would have to decide how far to split the cookie.

Power engineering as in electricity supply engineer?
Power engineering as in (power) appliance engineering?

Other topics worth separating out might be

(satellite) communication
Satnav
Radar

Creating these would have been a better investment than the new interface IMHO.
I think the real problem is that the ToS is so limiting that most discussions would be restricted. There are certainly many ordinary day to day items as well as power electronics which could be considered not permitted. I never try to talk about inverters, VFDs, or tube circuits etc. so as not to run afoul of the constraints.

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
I think the real problem is that the ToS is so limiting that most discussions would be restricted.
I think you are being needlessly worried. there are plenty of discussions about mains at national grid level as, for instance, how to correctly wire up major power transformers, test them and measure their characteristics.

What the TOS are there for is to control ideas from those who think this sort of thing is good engineering common sense, or just jolly good fun.

Matchsticks.jpg