elctron flow

LINDSROTH@yahoo.com

Joined Nov 13, 2006
After two tears of studying capacitors, resistors, inductors, transistors and the electronic formulas that apply to each...I have yet to see an exeample of the interaction between these parts as the current passes from power source thru the circuit back to power source. I would appreciate any help that anyone can offer on this subject. Thankyou, LINDSROTH@yahoo.com

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I'm at a loss to figure out what kind of an example you are looking for. Surely there must have been suitable examples of how the various pieces interact, or am I missing something?

LINDSROTH@yahoo.com

Joined Nov 13, 2006
What I am referring to in this flow is this. a given electron leaves the negative terminal of the power supply (with a large groupe of friends) and as he moves thru the conductor he comes to the first capacitor. The cap sucks up a zillion of my electrons friends to its capacity as the rest of my electrons run on by. very soon my electrons encounter a resistor thru which they fight their way and in so doing a measurable amount of heat is generated and a voltage drop of X is accomplished. A given load at a point further down the line will receive the resulting voltage and function. If a switch is located between the negative supply terminal and the capacitor and if the switch is opened now, the fully charged cap will discharge into the load and the load will function on that power until the cap discharge is complete or until the switch is closed and the process repeats. This is my first attempt at chatting and I hope I am doing it right. LINDSROTH@yahoo.com

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I was thinking of examples from a textbook or other reading material including the examples on this forum. To post schematics you need to get them into a form that the forum will accept. A non exhaustive list includes .jpg picture files, .bmp bitmap files, and .pdf portable document files.

The only comment I would have about your R and C is that DC current cannot flow through a capacitor. You can however add electrons to one side and remove them from the other. Thus producing a net charge on the capacitor which can be measured as a voltage across the capacitor.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Now that I have established communication with you how do I post a schematic
When making a reply, click the paper-clip icon in the message window and this will launch the "Manage Attachments" management window, from where you can upload attachments from your computer or a website.

Dave