Efficient Method to Control Cooling of Peltier Module

Vish Ram

Joined Apr 25, 2017
Hi Experts,

What is the cheapest/most efficient method to control cooling of Peltier module (TEC 12706) via remote control.

Thanks in Advance
Ashish

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Could you explain what the context of this is? What will the device be cooling, why does it need remote control?

Describe the problem to which you expect this to be solution. This way we won't go around in circles extracting little bits of important information until we know what we are trying to help with.

[EDIT: just formatting]

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Hi Experts,

What is the cheapest/most efficient method to control cooling of Peltier module (TEC 12706) via remote control.

Thanks in Advance
Ashish
You have identified two separate needs.
The first one is that of a temperature controller. There are numerous low cost devices offered for sale on the web.
1650553623179.png

The second one (remote control) is more problematic. By remote I will assume you mean via the internet using a smart phone or computer. This involves IOT, a smart phone app or a service provider. There are off-the-shelf solutions available on the web.

1650553580449.png

Vish Ram

Joined Apr 25, 2017
Could you explain what the context of this is? What will the device be cooling, why does it need remote control?

Describe the problem to which you expect this to be solution. This way we won't go around in circles extracting little bits of important information until we know what we are trying to help with.

[EDIT: just formatting]
Hi,
I divide question into 2 parts,
1. How to control temperature for Peltier Cooling, it's via simply switching On-Off power supply or some other way, I mean how to control temperature of Peltier
2. If I've to use in some movable beer fridge (small 1), so for that purpose remote controlling is required

Kindly support

Regards
Ashish

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Hi,
I divide question into 2 parts,
1. How to control temperature for Peltier Cooling, it's via simply switching On-Off power supply or some other way, I mean how to control temperature of Peltier
2. If I've to use in some movable beer fridge (small 1), so for that purpose remote controlling is required

Kindly support

Regards
Ashish
You have posted again but you have not added any new information.

1) You need to control temperature of the beer fridge, not the Peltier.
Measure the temperature. Turn off the power supply when the temperature drops below a set temperature. Turn on the power supply when the temperature is above a set temperature.

2) What do you mean by “remote control”?
You can control the beer fridge remotely with a long piece of paired cable and an on/off switch.