Effect of load in double limiter diode Circuit

aragon1971

Joined Apr 7, 2008
Hi
i design in multisim a douple limiters circuit
with two diode and two dc source
from the simulation i see that the load resistor effect the output waveform
in the case of big load (10 kΩ) the output wave form is between V1+0.7 ,, -V2-0.7
this not happen for small load

there a explanation ??

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hi
i design in multisim a douple limiters circuit
with two diode and two dc source
from the simulation i see that the load resistor effect the output waveform
in the case of big load (10 kΩ) the output wave form is between V1+0.7 ,, -V2-0.7
this not happen for small load

there a explanation ??
What is a "douple limiters" circuit? What is it supposed to do?

Please post a schematic of the circuit and the simulation results (a screen shot is fine).

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Looks like it is working correctly. The two 1K resistors halve the input to 5V peak. The positive half is limited at ~6.6V, so it is not affected. The negative side is limited to ~3.6V and appears to be doing just that.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
The douple limiter is the circuit with two diode like ths foto
I think you mean "double limiter".

To see the effect of the load resistance, remove everything from the circuit except the signal source and the two resistors (replace the capacitor with a short -- at 1 kHz it has an impedance of about 16 Ω, so it is negligible compared to 1 kΩ.

What is the voltage across the load as a function of the load voltage?

Don't simulate it -- calculate it.

aragon1971

Joined Apr 7, 2008
I think you mean "double limiter".

To see the effect of the load resistance, remove everything from the circuit except the signal source and the two resistors (replace the capacitor with a short -- at 1 kHz it has an impedance of about 16 Ω, so it is negligible compared to 1 kΩ.

What is the voltage across the load as a function of the load voltage?

Don't simulate it -- calculate it.
Looks like it is working correctly. The two 1K resistors halve the input to 5V peak. The positive half is limited at ~6.6V, so it is not affected. The negative side is limited to ~3.6V and appears to be doing just that.
yes! i think when RL increase the output of the limiter is between V1+0,7V and -(V2+0.,7) ?