eeprom read rookie needs help

LATINSNOOP

Joined Dec 12, 2015
i bougth the cheapest reader and clips to read a 24c16wp on the board. i got the drivers install n the program seems to be working fine. i read that sometimes it can be done without taking the chip out so i try but nothing. im a complete rookie at this but im a fast learner. i just want to read the chip thats all.. i read that i maybe need an occilator something about keeping the prossesor sleep. maybe i got to get the chip out the board. maybe is the super cheap reader i bought. hope someone can help it will be much appriciated thanks.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
i bougth the cheapest reader and clips to read a 24c16wp on the board. i got the drivers install n the program seems to be working fine. i read that sometimes it can be done without taking the chip out so i try but nothing.
The ability to read/write in-circuit needs to be designed in. Otherwise, if you attempt to power the device from the programmer, it will end up powering the rest of the logic and you may cause damage.

Post more information on the board the EEPROM is in, including a schematic.

LATINSNOOP

Joined Dec 12, 2015
That's probably one problem.

With that said, the I/O pins are likely loaded via other components on the board which will prevent the reader from working.

And, just for the historical record, this is my 2,000th post. Thank you. Thank you very much!
That's probably one problem.

With that said, the I/O pins are likely loaded via other components on the board which will prevent the reader from working.

And, just for the historical record, this is my 2,000th post. Thank you. Thank you very much!