I must admit,
I am also guilty of editing a post,
I am dsylexic, and I find especially if I'm using a tablet PC whilst traveling,
I post, and then re read, and see I missed a few words,

But when people have answered in that few minutes,
I do tend to PM them.

I note that I have had it when people edit,
some times after a good few people have replied,

OK, I see if you go back to the post, you can see at the top the date it was last changed
but how many of us go back through pages teach time they post especially a post they have been involved with for days,

I don't know an answer,

stop ability to modify after a reply has been made
or after a period of time from original post,

Is there any way of indicating to new posters if a previous post is updated

way of automatically putting a "tag" in the edited post,

Any one got any thoughts

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
The other 250,000 users don't seem to mind. I don't know if any other complaints. Any-time editing like a feature to make corrections, clarify or rethink intensions rather than a bug.
Could all of the other 250,000 ACC users really be wrong?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi
If a poster wants to modify a post, they should be a space line and the entry of "Edit:" , "Note: or "Update"

This will make readers aware that there has been a change in the original post or additional information added.

Most of the 'older' members already use this method,

So, keep the original contents, then add any changes, below the "Edit:" , "Note: or "Update" footnote heading.

E
@ScottWang

Last edited:

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
hi
If a poster wants to modify a post, they should be a space line and the entry of "Edit:" , "Note: or "Update"

This will make readers aware that there has been a change in the original post or additional information added.

Most of the 'older' members already use this method,

So, keep the original contents, then add any changes, below the "Edit:" , "Note: or "Update" footnote heading.

E
@ScottWang

Thank you

The specific I was asking about is when the first post is updated after many posts have been added,

How do members know that the subject of a post has changed ?

Do we have any feedback on how many users know that an original post can be totally changed after many replies ?

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
If you edit a post after a certain time a note appears in the lower right hand corner stating that the post has been edited.

Most forums give a grace period, say 5 minutes before placing the note.
Thank you @ElectricSpidey

The one that concerns me, is as highlighted.

A post has been going on for weeks, many replies,
then the original poster askes the mods to change the title, and the OP edits the first post
they can change it to wat ever they want it seems

That now means all the 100 plus replies have been answering a post that is now different,

and the later posters have no indication that has happened,( unless they look back at the first post ) Thye are not even notifed when this happens, so they have option to delete / edit there posts,