EC-H Humidifier PCB

DUBLUV420

Joined Jan 3, 2021
First post. Be gentle. I'm trying to source a pcb "0757-83835908" It is for my humidifier made by Upper Echelon Products. Model EC-H, 25W, 120V/ 60Hz. The component side also shows "SH16309", power 32-24, and www.hanny.com.cn. I've tried the above mentioned website but to no avail. Can someone lead me in a proper direction?

Attachments

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
That will probably be futile. If it is a humidifier, rather than a dehumidifier, what are its symptoms. If it is a dehumidifier, they tend to have a lifespan of only a few months more than warranty,

DUBLUV420

Joined Jan 3, 2021
This is an ultrasonic humidifier. Power on, no led, fan does not run but heat sink will heat up. No mist made either. Every search for the 0757-83835908 comes up with a wine coller, 2 part power supplies.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Was there ever an EC4 (electrolytic capacitor) in place?

These cheap power-supply boards from China fail most often by failure of one or more of the electrolytic capacitors. You will not likely find any helpful information about the schematic or how to diagnose it unless others have gone before you to work it out the hard way.

That's why the shotgun approach of replacing all the electrolytic capacitors is a viable strategy. It often works, is cheap and fairly easy, and requires little knowledge of how the thing works. A more disciplined, rifle shot approach is just not practical.

You can get an ESR tester to test the capacitors in circuit, and replace only the bad ones. But if you don't already have the tester, it's faster and cheaper to just replace all of them. They age anyway, so your board will have nice fresh ones if you succeed.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
This is an ultrasonic humidifier. Power on, no led, fan does not run but heat sink will heat up. No mist made either. Every search for the 0757-83835908 comes up with a wine coller, 2 part power supplies.
I also recommend posting detailed photos of the board, all of it, both sides. The trained eyes around here may see something like a roasted component or corroded traces.