easy to use graphical LCD/TFT display

bug13

Joined Feb 13, 2012
Hi guys

I am looking for an easy to use graphical LCD/TFT/OLED/STN etc... display. By easy to use, I mean there is a good reference design/documentation, and come with an easy to library.

It's about 2-3", so not too big.

Work with PIC or Atmel MCUs please.

Thanks guys

Last edited:

bug13

Joined Feb 13, 2012
JWHassler, Thanks for pointing me to this LCD.

I have bought a couple of these LCDs, they are indeed very easy to use, and I think the price is very good too.

There is one things I would like to point out, the IDE is still in its early stage, it does what I need. Got the basic function. But it need a few refinement here and there.

The bottom line is, this LCD is still very easy to use, it saves me lots of time to design and code the GUI.. I would recommend it to other people, I hope they will continue to make these LCD. I am happy to use them in my future projects.

Hope this feedback is useful to someone.

Thanks.

KansaiRobot

Joined Jan 15, 2010
JWHassler, Thanks for pointing me to this LCD.

I have bought a couple of these LCDs, they are indeed very easy to use, and I think the price is very good too.

There is one things I would like to point out, the IDE is still in its early stage, it does what I need. Got the basic function. But it need a few refinement here and there.

The bottom line is, this LCD is still very easy to use, it saves me lots of time to design and code the GUI.. I would recommend it to other people, I hope they will continue to make these LCD. I am happy to use them in my future projects.

Hope this feedback is useful to someone.

Thanks.
May I ask where are you located? I read they ship from China so how many days did it take until you got your LCD??

Also, reading the products page where they put "Display Controller" they put NO. What does this mean? It doesnt come with a LCD controller? If no, how are you displaying things on it??

Thanks a lot

Last edited:

bug13

Joined Feb 13, 2012
May I ask where are you located? I read they ship from China so how many days did it take until you got your LCD??

Also, reading the products page where they put "Display Controller" they put NO. What does this mean? It doesnt come with a LCD controller? If no, how are you displaying things on it??

Thanks a lot
I am in New Zealand, I got my from an Australia re-seller, so it takes only 1-2 day with express shipping.
Link: http://tronixlabs.com/nextion-seamless-human-machine-interface-LCD-australia

I did not see the products page you are referring to, but they come with a controller (or something do the same thing). Because after you have designed your interface, all you need to do is send command through serial to the LCD module.