DRV8350H circuit design failure. what am i doing wrong?

PaperBackJack

Joined Jan 22, 2019
Hi Have you looked at the TI Forum DRV8350 there are several people who have designed with this chip and have similar problems. Most common problems are DRV8350 gate output pins shorting to Gnd causing the phase output to be stuck.
Perhaps provide a link please? Because I cannot seem to find the forum you are talking about

PaperBackJack

Joined Jan 22, 2019
Okay some good news! So after a long painful 2 nights of basically desoldering and soldering the drv chip i FINALLY got soldered on correctly and everything on the chip works perfectly! All the mosfets are turning on as they are supposed to! Now I believe the next time I use this chip on another board, I will extend the solder pads further out from the ic to better observe that each connection is correct.

Now there's just one more problem (which I don't know if its even a problem yet). The current sense amplifiers. For some reason phase c's amplifier is always reading .5v even when the drv chip isn't active and the mosfet are in hi-z states. And even swapping amps around didn't change the .5v reading on phase c. I do notice that the voltage returns to 1.5v (correct offset voltage) when I remove the microcontroller. Could the microcontroller's input pins be pulling the voltage lower?

PaperBackJack

Joined Jan 22, 2019
okay so i fixed the amp too. turns out it was my microcontroller settings pulling the pin to ground and dropping the voltage.
now i have a problem with the ADC of my microcontroller. if anyone knows anything about the stm32f103c8, let me know cuz i have questions on my code