Drum switch usage 220 volt single phase motor

Rich Miller

Joined May 23, 2021
Trying to find out if this wiring will work for Smith and Jones 2HP (Harbor freight Motor) Wanting to run it on 220 volts with drum switch, Single phase. I am restoring an older engine lathe and had to replace the switch and motor, I need this to be able to run forward and reverse. Rotary switch positions and wiring from inside of motor cover is on the drawing. I Would like to wire it correctly and be able to share the results on the net. I have found a few other wiring drawings that were not correct and want to be sure.View attachment 239427
According to everything I have been able to find my new drawing will work, I even emailed the guy on YouTube for his opinion, I added a main cut off switch for those who hard wire their motor, for me I have a plug 3 feet away from machine so I can unplug it when servicing the machine. My field is manufacturing and some machine maintenance, plus Medical X-ray equipment. This project was for a home shop and for my use only. I hope this helps someone figure out this type of questions for their use. Please remember this took about 4 weeks and half a dozen different posts to come up with this information.
Thank you for all your help, have fun, be creative, and stay safe my friends
Richard

Attachments