Double Twisted Ring Counter

Michael Daugherty

Joined Dec 14, 2015
Hey Guys,
I'm just confused on one aspect of this. Is the difference between a double twisted ring counter and a single twisted ring counter just that you have 2 inverters? And can the second inverter be placed anywhere in the circuit? Like, between any pairs of flipflops?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I think you need to tell us what a "double-twisted" ring counter is. It sounds non-standard (perhaps something your instructor or textbook author cooked up as an exercise?).

A twisted ring counter is also known as a Johnson counter.

What is a double-twisted counter supposed to accomplish? Increase the number of states relative to a Johnson counter?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I never heard of this terminology either. Can't wait to find out what it is.
BTW this thread is the #1 Google hit for "double twisted ring counter". Who knew that fame and fortune was so easy.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I never heard of this terminology either. Can't wait to find out what it is.
BTW this thread is the #1 Google hit for "double twisted ring counter". Who knew that fame and fortune was so easy.
I wonder if, after this post, that it will be the epicenter of google hits for super double puddle thumper as well. I will check tomorrow and let you know.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I wonder if, after this post, that it will be the epicenter of google hits for super double puddle thumper as well. I will check tomorrow and let you know.
I think the web crawlers only look at thread titles so you need to start an new thread for your Warholian 15 minutes of fame. Can I have the beer that made Mel Fahmey walk us?