Double sided removable carpet tape?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Someone posted they use double sided removable carpet tape? In their milling process. Anyone know where I can get hat stuff in the states? I checked Lowes and Home Depot sites. No dice.

I can find the regular carpet tape just not the removable stuff. Home Depot has a giant roll but it is that mesh type and that is not what I want.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
Well I can't fix the link on my phone but Home Depot and low sells it called mounting tape they don't call it carpet to here anymore

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
It's not called double sided removable carpet tape in the US just double-sided tape
I have tried various carpet tapes for the purpose but with most of them you can't get them off afterwards or they leave the glue behind if you do get the tape off. That Scotch one comes off clean but is still plenty strong enough to hold the workpiece in place.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009

I can order this

https://www.findtape.com/Polyken-10...pe%2FCloth%20Tapes%20%28Removable%20Carpet%29

Pick it up free if I want to drive to the other side of the state. ;)

And it comes in inches and yards. Not that pinko commie metric system. ;)

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
It's funny tho they show 2 inch in canada but 3/4 stuff here It's good to hold stuff but I've not used any in 20 years.
I used it hold stuff while routing the edge.

I say a good carpet store have the wide stuff.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I guess the US must be the last country to hold out onto the Imperial system, o_O Just about the rest of the world has seen the light.;)
Max.