Does your johnson need an overhaul?

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Thanks for sharing that. Fond memories of Johnson and Mercury outboard engines as a kid growing up around boats. Not just outboard engines for boats but early gasoline engines in general.

Ron

geekoftheweek

Joined Oct 6, 2013
I can't believe I watched an hour long video of a guy working on an outboard. Pretty neat though... it was hard to turn off. The spark advance was really wild. It looked like a lot at first, but in the end I thought it didn't seem so much after recalling my old truck. Considering a lot of smaller engines don't have any advance mechanisms it was even that much wilder.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
I can't believe I watched an hour long video of a guy working on an outboard. Pretty neat though... it was hard to turn off. The spark advance was really wild. It looked like a lot at first, but in the end I thought it didn't seem so much after recalling my old truck. Considering a lot of smaller engines don't have any advance mechanisms it was even that much wilder.
I still can't believe that those guys could tell it was only running on one cylinder just from the sound on the video.