Does EveryCircuit realist? Or my real life circuit is wrong?

Mccbgg

Joined Jun 28, 2020
Hi everyone,

I did this simple auto recharging capacitor with relay circuit that works fine on EveryCircuit simulator, but does work on real life. On EveryCircuit is has a 1S pulse, but il real life, probably 20hz.

I am new to electronic.

Thank you all in advance
Michel

Attachments

ZCochran98

Joined Jul 24, 2018
Question: your capacitor you physically have - does it say "20 mF" or does it say "20uF?" Because in your simulation, you have mF (millifarad), and the one you have there looks like it's probably uF (microfarad). If so, then your actual circuit will be 1000 times faster than the simulated one.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Did you simply increase the resistors by 1000 fold? That's the cheapest way. Although, if in the LED loop, that will affect the LED brightness considerably. ;)

ZCochran98

Joined Jul 24, 2018
Did you simply increase the resistors by 1000 fold? That's the cheapest way. Although, if in the LED loop, that will affect the LED brightness considerably. ;)
Indeed; depending on what components are available, you may want to choose a new capacitor (and thus resistors) in order to both have good timing and good brightness.

Mccbgg

Joined Jun 28, 2020
Indeed; depending on what components are available, you may want to choose a new capacitor (and thus resistors) in order to both have good timing and good brightness.
For now this is my best receipe. With a inductor after the battery I lowered the input curve.
Now my goal is to make the top part more round. Sorry for my english.

Attachments

ZCochran98

Joined Jul 24, 2018
Glad you got it working! 12 caps in parallel to make an effectively larger cap, I see. Good way to get around not having a single large-enough cap.

Mccbgg

Joined Jun 28, 2020
I realised nobody was surprised I took off the box around the relay to see what's inside... I suppose you all did that? haha

ZCochran98

Joined Jul 24, 2018
Nothing like a sharp box-cutting knife and an hour or so to spare. When I started electronics, one of the first oscillators I built was basically the circuit you have (different component values to get roughly the same timing). But yeah - in my case, the first relay I had eventually broke (switched it too quickly and wore out the mechanical pieces), so I dismantled it to see how it was physically constructed. I wouldn't be surprised if others did so as well....