does current go down the central wire here

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
im more a pig headed non believer
If you want to learn electronics starting from scratch, fine... but it's going to take you several hundred lifetimes before you start getting somewhere... I'd seriously consider an online course about basic electric circuits. That would save you some time, and countless headaches and disappointments.
EDIT: and also multimeters

Last edited:

profbuxton

Joined Feb 21, 2014
Ranch, so you destroyed a meter. I still don't follow your original connection diagram(such as it is),
As I said , if the lines are your wires then you are just shorting out the batteries and will draw LOTS of current(depending on batteries)or just completely discharge them.
If you are connecting your batteries as per your second diagram,Postive to positive,negative to negative, them there will be NO current low(ONLY IF batteries are equal voltage).
Any difference(even slight) in battery volts will cause a current to flow(value depends on volt difference).
As suggested, you need to understand basic circuits before destroying more meters( or use fuses).

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
There is a circuit through the wire, from the - of one to the other +, and vice versa, so it actually flows both ways through the bottleneck,
No, it doesn't.

Because only negative particles move through metal (not that im a particle expert at all, im more a pig headed non believer.) i should get 2 directions through each other.
Nope. I think that you think that the electron flow ("electric current") from the two batteries remain independent of each other and do not combine when joined in a single conductor. They do not remain independent, and they do combine. With two batteries connected with opposite polarities you do not get two currents in the wire. There is only one current, and it is proportional to the algebraic sum of all voltages present. For example, with two 9 V batteries, your only possibilities are 0 V and 18 V. Of course, if the load resistance (the wire) is so low that it tries to draw more current than the batteries can supply, the terminal voltage will drop. In your case, very close to 0 V. But don't confuse 0 V caused by a lot of current in a short circuit with 0 V caused by identical batteries reverse-connected in series and no current.

ak

ranch vermin

Joined May 20, 2015
I hear you - but you are validating this working, by saying what you are. its only theoretically that im saying it conducts both ways, if it doesnt conduct at all, its equally a success for me.

the point is, im not using a usual serial connection. im sending both batteries into a single wire, where im supposed to get a subtraction from the voltage, because of electricity only moving - to +. so that way its going to ways down the wire - what will happen.

If it just so happens, theres 0 volts in the wire, (just doesnt conduct at all) and there is volts in the two end loops - that is satisfactory to the invention to work anyway.

It is an output inverter - and is a single part that is repeated to make the entire workings of any digital logic hardware.

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
I hear you - but you are validating this working, by saying what you are. its only theoretically that im saying it conducts both ways, if it doesnt conduct at all, its equally a success for me.

the point is, im not using a usual serial connection. im sending both batteries into a single wire, where im supposed to get a subtraction from the voltage, because of electricity only moving - to +. so that way its going to ways down the wire - what will happen.

If it just so happens, theres 0 volts in the wire, (just doesnt conduct at all) and there is volts in the two end loops - that is satisfactory to the invention to work anyway.

It is an output inverter - and is a single part that is repeated to make the entire workings of any digital logic hardware.
Everything you have written in this thread is complete nonsense. You ask for advice but you neither hear nor comprehend anything that anyone has said.

which part within the last 46 posts, where everyone is telling you that this won't work, do you not understand?

ranch vermin

Joined May 20, 2015
look! I SAID I WAS ADDING RESISTORS!!!

AND! IF THERE IS NO CURRENT IN THE MIDDLE THATS WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN!

its a gate remember!!! it doesnt always pass!

Last edited:

ISB123

Joined May 21, 2014
Well adding resistors across the terminals doesn't make it a gate,its just a short circuit with low current.

(Moderator's note: All Caps replaced.)

Last edited by a moderator:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
ok ive had enough - you said the current doesnt run, thanks for the advice :)
(you realize thats the success case.)
If you want no current to flow, then leave your batteries disconnected. Done. If you want to short them out, connect a wire in any geometry from one pole to the other. Done. If you want to produce a semiconductor, where a small current flow can control a larger current, you cannot use batteries and wires. Those are are not semiconductors! There is no invention.

darrough

Joined Jan 18, 2015
Why are you all arguing with a guy that cannot even string a proper sentence together? He seems like a troll. I mean think about it; he calls himself "Ranch Vermin". Who is going to name themselves "Ranch Vermin"? He talks like a 13 year old that is trying to start an argument just for kicks.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Why are you all arguing with a guy that cannot even string a proper sentence together? He seems like a troll. I mean think about it; he calls himself "Ranch Vermin". Who is going to name themselves "Ranch Vermin"? He talks like a 13 year old that is trying to start an argument just for kicks.
I was thinking along the same lines... but then again, I wasn't sure if his willingness to learn was genuine... guess you never know...

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
I sense your frustration, I really do. Unless the thread violates the Terms of Service or the User Agreement, it can remain open. Speaking (writing) for myself, moderators are reluctant to judge whether a given thread is worthwhile. I see a lot of active participation on this thread, which suggests that some feel that it is worth their time to read and comment, thus keeping the thread alive.

recklessrog

Joined May 23, 2013
And now my post has been deleted....

Why not delete the entire worthless thread?
Lets ask the moderaters to come out from behind the sofa and give us a valid explanation! I think we deserve it if they wish for us to make any further worthwhile contributions to this site? So Mr. moderator, lets hear what you have to say?