Completed Project Does anyone know what this 28 pin IC is?

Rahulk70

Joined Dec 16, 2016
Hi everyone,
I found this 28 pin IC from a Tripp lite 120VAC 700VA UPS board. Does anyone know what kind of IC is this(pic below)? I can't seem to find any datasheet on this IC online.
Thanks.

Attachments

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

It is likely an OEM product from microchip (looking at the logo).
It looks like a programmed PIC.
As you said, you will not find a datasheet for it.

Bertus

Rahulk70

Joined Dec 16, 2016
Hello,

It is likely an OEM product from microchip (looking at the logo).
It looks like a programmed PIC.
As you said, you will not find a datasheet for it.

Bertus
Hi,
That is what I was worried about too. My UPS stopped working and gave it to a friend tot take a look at it. Few days later he gave me this chip and asked me to find a replacement for this. I tried checking online and retail. But no one seems to have it or has any idea what kind it is actually. Finally managed to get one from a repair shop from an old UPS. Was kinda curious to know what kind of IC is this where there is no data available on it. Thanks for the reply. :)

EM Fields

Joined Jun 8, 2016
Hi,
That is what I was worried about too. My UPS stopped working and gave it to a friend tot take a look at it. Few days later he gave me this chip and asked me to find a replacement for this. I tried checking online and retail. But no one seems to have it or has any idea what kind it is actually. Finally managed to get one from a repair shop from an old UPS. Was kinda curious to know what kind of IC is this where there is no data available on it. Thanks for the reply. :)
You might want to try Tripp-Lite support at: https://www.tripplite.com/support/help

Rahulk70

Joined Dec 16, 2016
You might want to try Tripp-Lite support at: https://www.tripplite.com/support/help
Thanks. I'll try calling them if the replacement also fails too. But I highly doubt if I'll ever find one. Since they have revised the model that I have (pic below). The one that I received from the shop is from an exact similar UPS model. Also since the PIC is placed on the board via a IC holder so I can replace it if it doesn't work.

Attachments