Does anybody know what this is supposed to mean? I am new at all this stuff.

Bubbles1

Joined Oct 17, 2023
According to the engineer's reply, you need to do remote control matching.

You should have directly connected the 16pin diagnostic socket with a connector, so this was not successful. You need to use flying wires to connect to the 10pin diagnostic socket; just connect the positive and negative poles to the IO wires; after the connection is completed, enter the system and follow the prompts. Be sure to read the relevant prompts carefully

Bubbles1

Joined Oct 17, 2023
OK sorry, I have an OBD two scanner I bought it so I can make some key fobs for my car. So after I had them check with my VIN they said there would be no problems! Now I'm trying to do what I bought it for and it will not perform the transfer. I'll check with technical support The above is what they sent me and I do not understand what they're asking me to do and this is the only reply I keep getting. So I thought that I would ask you guys if I know what pin 16 is but not 10 is a blank one and what is the IO port and flying wires?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
OK sorry, I have an OBD two scanner I bought it so I can make some key fobs for my car. So after I had them check with my VIN they said there would be no problems! Now I'm trying to do what I bought it for and it will not perform the transfer. I'll check with technical support The above is what they sent me and I do not understand what they're asking me to do and this is the only reply I keep getting. So I thought that I would ask you guys if I know what pin 16 is but not 10 is a blank one and what is the IO port and flying wires?
Still not seeing any documentation or correspondence.
So we still don't know what you are talking about.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
it seems like the person answering the question assumed that the TS had the same technical background relative to what is described. In addition there is a whole lot of information left out, such as connector pin designations. It seems that there are two connectors required, one to mate with the OBD port on the car and the other to mate with a ten position connector on the OBD READER.

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
Flying wires is just wires. It sounds like you have two plugs that don't fit directly together, so he's telling you get a bunch of individual wires and use them to connect the appropriate pins on the two connectors. Without more info, we can't tell you which wire goes where.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
These things are sold for $20 at Walmart. Can they really expect a Walmart customer to connect it to their car with 10 individual wires? My guess is he bought a tool that is not compatible with his car.