Does AAC owner envisage a termination date?

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I just don't want AAC to turn into another one of the Electro-tech forums that has become a boys club that newbs are berated, people have cliques, etc.. I went to many forums before AAC and noticed they all had a very elitist atitude towards new people or newbs in general. Rather then help them they would post the answer tehn try to make them feel stupid. I'v even seen it on Microchips forums. Finally I came here a got a lot of help in 07 or 08 by some really nice patient members.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Max,

I don't think AAC will become like ETO. I visit ETO enough to realize this is the better site. I think my post count is up to double digits ... maybe ... at ETO. The two sites share a few common members.

I've seen enough sites, without direction, go to cliques. I don't see that happening here. I'm a member of one such forum, but I'm the black sheep, and was cited in a survey as one who another member thought didn't belong and should be banned permanently. I was one of many who were invited by the owner of that site, to receive the survey data and give my opinion.

I share your frustration at times, and have been suspended before from a other forums. It's a small price that we pay when we skirt the rules of the forum. All one can do is hope the moderators apply the rules equitably. I've not seen any contrary evidence here. I'm sure there are back channel discussions when the area is grey. That happened when I moderated at military.com's forums.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Its all good I'm just stating the changes I've seen over the past year or so. I don't goto those other forums cause I found them just plain rude. So its been 4-5 years since I've been to another tech forum. I know the mods are good guys I have no doubt in that, but I just think we had swifter justice when beenthere was modding. He tended to be like a King.