Do you watch Oak Island?

Raymond Genovese

Joined Mar 5, 2016
Well, this week's episode was less than exciting. Yeah, listening to proper old British ladies in castles getting ready for tea has some charm, I suppose. But, they are really dragging out drilling that 4 foot hole - two weekly shows and they are what 10 ft down and just telling us that they have not forgotten.

I'm still watching, but I guess I have to stop expecting a PBS documentary from a History Channel series.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Well, this week's episode was less than exciting. Yeah, listening to proper old British ladies in castles getting ready for tea has some charm, I suppose. But, they are really dragging out drilling that 4 foot hole - two weekly shows and they are what 10 ft down and just telling us that they have not forgotten.

I'm still watching, but I guess I have to stop expecting a PBS documentary from a History Channel series.
I watched it tonight had it recorded, but if the map belonging to her family and the later ships log that includes someone from their family as well saying there is a 75 foot shaft with a side tunnel sort of describes the "Money Pit" if it is then the 3 chest found by "Daniel McGinnis, John Smith, and Anthony Vaughan discovering the Money Pit on Oak Island. Here is where their story differs from tradition though. According to family legend three treasure chests were actually found in 1795" then the treasure has already been located, but if the Knights Templar are truly connected as suggested then it might turn into an interesting story indeed. Anything could be located at that point further down.

kv

Raymond Genovese

Joined Mar 5, 2016
I watched it tonight had it recorded, but if the map belonging to her family and the later ships log that includes someone from their family as well saying there is a 75 foot shaft with a side tunnel sort of describes the "Money Pit" if it is then the 3 chest found by "Daniel McGinnis, John Smith, and Anthony Vaughan discovering the Money Pit on Oak Island. Here is where their story differs from tradition though. According to family legend three treasure chests were actually found in 1795" then the treasure has already been located, but if the Knights Templar are truly connected as suggested then it might turn into an interesting story indeed. Anything could be located at that point further down.

kv
I'll admit that you make it sound better :)

The partial ship log was pretty odd....I would have cracked up if it would have said (when he reveals that the log mysteriously simply ends)...it says "continued next week".

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
...they are really dragging out drilling that 4 foot hole...
I've been thinking about that, and I'm thinking it's actually a good sign. My assumption is that the editors already know the outcome of the summer's work. They are thus making editing choices that best stage "the big reveal". Would they drag out sinking the tube if there was nothing at the end? They might, but that would be cruel!

Oh, and yeah, I agree the last episode was weak. I might have enjoyed it more but the preview of that episode gave away everything that they did. The full version only showed how unproductive their trip to France really was. (I suspect they did and learned more than we saw. We'll see.)

Raymond Genovese

Joined Mar 5, 2016
I really enjoyed this week's episode. That cross was impressive - suspicious how it was just uncovered - suspicious as in storage wars, but quite cool. More importantly the drilling is back on and right there...or so it seems. The next week's teaser smacked a bit of...nope, not yet.

Either I am being set-up for the fall, or they are painstakingly leading us to what they found...the latter I hope.:)

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I really enjoyed this week's episode. That cross was impressive - suspicious how it was just uncovered - suspicious as in storage wars, but quite cool. More importantly the drilling is back on and right there...or so it seems. The next week's teaser smacked a bit of...nope, not yet.

Either I am being set-up for the fall, or they are painstakingly leading us to what they found...the latter I hope.:)
Ok, I just finished it during lunch. The Cross stem has an eerie raised line going from the top left just under the horizontal cross piece, down on an angle to the middle of the stem to the bottom, almost Identical to the line in the Templar Holding Cell, including the top of the cross where the hole is also mimics the top of the cross in the Temple, did they duplicate the cross of the Temple with the lead cross, and why lead? probably because it's easier to copy, you could put it in a mold then pound it into the mold, making exact copies over and over.

I have it on recording, I'll review it and take pictures to post here to see if anyone else can see it also or it's my imagination once again in flames.

Also finding more bone whats that about, kill and bury the slaves leaving no one to know the exact location?

Any guesses when the cross could have been made, my gut feeling it's post Templar, so the cross would or could be 14th or 15th century.

kv

Raymond Genovese

Joined Mar 5, 2016
Ok, I just finished it during lunch. The Cross stem has an eerie raised line going from the top left just under the horizontal cross piece, down on an angle to the middle of the stem to the bottom, almost Identical to the line in the Templar Holding Cell, including the top of the cross where the hole is also mimics the top of the cross in the Temple, did they duplicate the cross of the Temple with the lead cross, and why lead? probably because it's easier to copy, you could put it in a mold then pound it into the mold, making exact copies over and over.

I have it on recording, I'll review it and take pictures to post here to see if anyone else can see it also or it's my imagination once again in flames.

Also finding more bone whats that about, kill and bury the slaves leaving no one to know the exact location?

Any guesses when the cross could have been made, my gut feeling it's post Templar, so the cross would or could be 14th or 15th century.

kv
My recollection on the cross date by the detectorist was 1200-1600. Clearly they need one of those museum-quality history nerds (I love all of them).

The similarities between the crosses are obvious - but only if you are a normal viewer and don't have massive catalogs of all such shapes historically - again, we need to hear from the museum-quality history nerds! :)

Raymond Genovese

Joined Mar 5, 2016
I've been thinking about that, and I'm thinking it's actually a good sign. My assumption is that the editors already know the outcome of the summer's work. They are thus making editing choices that best stage "the big reveal". Would they drag out sinking the tube if there was nothing at the end? They might, but that would be cruel!

Oh, and yeah, I agree the last episode was weak. I might have enjoyed it more but the preview of that episode gave away everything that they did. The full version only showed how unproductive their trip to France really was. (I suspect they did and learned more than we saw. We'll see.)
Did you see this weeks episode? I remembered your post here and I think (hope) you are right.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Cross.JPG

My recollection on the cross date by the detectorist was 1200-1600. Clearly they need one of those museum-quality history nerds (I love all of them).

The similarities between the crosses are obvious - but only if you are a normal viewer and don't have massive catalogs of all such shapes historically - again, we need to hear from the museum-quality history nerds! :)
I believe the carving is not a Cross rather it's depiction of Christ, the hole is where the spear was thrust into his chest to check if he was actually dead or to kill him. His head is down and to the left indicating death. The top of the Lead is also round and to the left, the middle of the stem I think are legs, and the cross also has a V or separation indicating legs. It's symbolic, I know it's Christ because the wall carving is depicted with 2 smaller crosses nearby.

I don't know what do you think?

kv

Last edited:

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Solomon's Stables and the Templar Knights

Excerpt from an article by Nadav Shragai said:
The researcher and historian Eli Schiller has written that since Crusader days the place has been named Solomon's Stables. The connection with Solomon is legendary, testimony to the powerful and exaggerated impression the place had on the Crusaders. The system of halls was improved in the 12th century by the knightly Order of Solomon's Temple (the Templars), whose members, fighting monks, gave them the name of Solomon's Stables. The Crusader King Baldwin handed the place over to the Knights Templars, and they turned it into stables for their horses. The Moslems claim Solomon's Stables in the past served them as a prayer hall called Marawi Bin Abdel Malik. Researchers have found no proof for this claim.
So, if it was prior during the 12th century, it would have been prior to the Etchings in the Walls 1307 a.d. But, if the etchings are a recreation of the lead image, then it was a symbol adopted by the Templar prior to their incarceration. So, @Raymond Genovese you are correct and I'm way off. I'm leaning toward 12th to 13th century now.

kv

Last edited:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Did you see this weeks episode? I remembered your post here and I think (hope) you are right.
Got caught up on it last night. Interesting stuff. The ship's log referring to digging a pit with a secret side shaft fits like a glove. If it's not referring to Oak Island, then there's another pit out there somewhere.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
The cross was found at low tide. It wasn't very deep in the earth when it was discovered.

Oral histories are tenuous at best. I'm still amazed they entertained all the theories about Oak Island. They are following the evidence.

The latest piece of bone ... what's the guess, european? middle eastern? other?

Here is a Nova Scotia tidal range.

Raymond Genovese

Joined Mar 5, 2016
Solomon's Stables and the Templar Knights

So, if it was prior during the 12th century, it would have been prior to the Etchings in the Walls 1307 a.d. But, if the etchings are a recreation of the lead image, then it was a symbol adopted by the Templar prior to their incarceration. So, @Raymond Genovese you are correct and I'm way off. I'm leaning toward 12th to 13th century now.

kv
I'm not sure I am right about anything that goes on in the show except that I like watching :)

The comparative picture you posted - yeah, that's pretty much how I see it too, i.e. the longitudinal separation suggests to me what it suggests to you and a whole lot of viewers. Now, the hole, I don't know at all because there is a hole in one part on the wall and a distinctly different part on the object...and I am thinking that on the object the hole is simply to support a means of wearing the object...simple to a fault perhaps...don't know.

Most of what I know about historical symbols and the like comes in two areas. 1) a distinct distaste for CG Jung's idea of archetypes (what, a circle (a mandala) is some kind of symbol placed deep in our "minds" that carries particular spiritual (genetic?) meaning - a circle?? a freaking circle??? Give me a break!

The other area is much productive and it comes from studying coins. The oldest one that I have is from one of the Greek city states (maybe 300 BC as I recall) and it pictures Hermes and a caduceus (BTW it is worth far less than a run-of-the-mill oscilloscope). It took me literally months to get an attribution (identification) and then, only through the expertise of others. But, oh boy, what I learned about a caduceus and how it had nothing at all to do with medicine (totally misappropriated by "modern" medicine) and everything to do with Hermes. It was a real eye-opener for me.

That is why I am so skeptical about drawing those kinds of relationships and what they mean if they are related.

Last edited:

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
The cross was found at low tide. It wasn't very deep in the earth when it was discovered.

Oral histories are tenuous at best. I'm still amazed they entertained all the theories about Oak Island. They are following the evidence.

The latest piece of bone ... what's the guess, european? middle eastern? other?

Here is a Nova Scotia tidal range.
1. https://www.amazon.com/Holy-Blood-Grail-History-Shocking/dp/0385338457
There are 2 other books written by the same authors.
2. https://www.amazon.com/Messianic-Legacy-Startling-Evidence-Influential/dp/0440203198
3. Temple and the lodge.

I read this conspiracy book awhile back, someone at a University was shocked that I took it seriously, Thank God. Without a formal Education beyond a Tech School at the time, the University was just a College. So, I've since ventured into reading more academic books, I do like conspiracy theories though it's never boring, fiction is fun. The Holy Blood and The Holy Grail was ripped off, and a primer for the " DaVinci Code " by Dan Brown at least we know that it is fictional novel, the others authors above make huge leaps.

http://www.911truth.ch/pdf/The_Dead_Sea_Scrolls_Deception.pdf

Free Pub about some of the theories and for knowledge to the authors. I think someone claims they found the Holy Grail which becomes the alabaster cup Mary used to poor Oils over Christ feet supposedly held Christ's blood.

The free .pdf might be interesting to read while waiting for more Oak Island let down. :(

kv :)

Last edited:

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I don't know at all because there is a hole in one part on the wall and a distinctly different part on the object...and I am thinking that on the object the hole is simply to support a means of wearing the object...simple to a fault perhaps...don't know.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, most nails that are hand wrought Iron, for what ever reason it was made square the object cross was worn. Christ in the bible was not stabbed in the head, he was stabbed to kill him because the "Jew's" didn't want people hanging on the cross on the sabbath.

So, the roman soldier stabbed him with a spear through the heart under the rib cage and under the sternum which is the approximate location of the hole in the depiction of the carving on the wall. The biblical recounts the same ordeal.

Yes for the object found, a hole to be worn. But, no to the hole in the head if it depict's a Christ figure on the wall in the room that incarcerated the Templars.

kv

Last edited:

Raymond Genovese

Joined Mar 5, 2016
I don't know at all because there is a hole in one part on the wall and a distinctly different part on the object...and I am thinking that on the object the hole is simply to support a means of wearing the object...simple to a fault perhaps...don't know.
Yes, most nails that are hand wrought Iron, for what ever reason it was made square the object cross was worn. Christ in the bible was not stabbed in the head, he was stabbed to kill him because the "Jew's" didn't want people hanging on the cross on the sabbath.

So, the roman soldier stabbed him with a spear through the heart under the rib cage and under the sternum which is the approximate location of the hole in the depiction of the carving on the wall. The biblical recounts the same ordeal.

Yes for the object found, a hole to be worn. But, no to the hole in the head if it depict's a Christ figure on the wall in the room that incarcerated the Templars.

kv[/QUOTE]

It is possible that the found cross actually has the "correctly positioned hole" but it is well worn and would need to examined carefully and after some proper cleaning - it just is not apparent from what we have seen so far.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I feel disappointed if not downright cheated by yesterday's episode. *sigh*
Come on man? Really? So, the cross is estimated at 13th century. The Knights Templar were incarcerated 1307 or so and the rest of the Templar ships only 2 were in the harbor when they were rounded up, so 18 ships disappear with Templar Treasure not even the Catholic Church got their hands on it.

They could have disappeared under the radar and became Masons and met with the Sinclair's or even went to Portugal or Spain to be with their brothers in arms it's only 19 days in good weather to Nova Scotia once there, they could work on the Money Pit unabated. You could also have other ships sail back and retrieve full cargo to last from spring to mid summer, then return before hurricane season. However long you wanted years even, then transfer the booty to the pit and set the water traps.

I don't know I still think it's awesome. I don't think even if they hit the treasure they'll release that info if the Jewish relics are buried there.

kv

Edit: Oh, and I found this to support the lead to gold theory I have it as, was an ancient acsent spiritually and physically from Mortal to Immortal, the Lead a "Base Metal" the Gold a "Nobel Metal" Therefor the ascent of Christ into heaven on the fortieth day after the Resurrection. That being said, the cross was symbolic to that effect and was not a cross only but also the depiction of the flesh being crucified and the later to be purified into Gold.

I know it's a broad leap but you know it's all just an idea anyway, I just don't hold the academic degree to say so.

wiki/Alchemy said:
Common aims were chrysopoeia, the transmutation of "base metals" (e.g., lead) into "noble" (particularly gold); the creation of an elixir of immortality; the creation of panaceas able to cure any disease; and the development of an alkahest, a universal solvent. "The perfection of the human body and soul" was thought to permit or result from the alchemical magnum opus and, in the Hellenistic and western tradition, the achievement of gnosis. In Europe, the creation of a philosopher's stone was variously connected with all of these projects.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alchemy

Last edited: