Do you watch Oak Island?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Raymond Genovese, Dec 20, 2017.

1. killivolt

Distinguished Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Come on man? Really? So, the cross is estimated at 13th century. The Knights Templar were incarcerated 1307 or so and the rest of the Templar ships only 2 were in the harbor when they were rounded up, so 18 ships disappear with Templar Treasure not even the Catholic Church got their hands on it.

They could have disappeared under the radar and became Masons and met with the Sinclair's or even went to Portugal or Spain to be with their brothers in arms it's only 19 days in good weather to Nova Scotia once there, they could work on the Money Pit unabated. You could also have other ships sail back and retrieve full cargo to last from spring to mid summer, then return before hurricane season. However long you wanted years even, then transfer the booty to the pit and set the water traps.

I don't know I still think it's awesome. I don't think even if they hit the treasure they'll release that info if the Jewish relics are buried there.

kv

Edit: Oh, and I found this to support the lead to gold theory I have it as, was an ancient acsent spiritually and physically from Mortal to Immortal, the Lead a "Base Metal" the Gold a "Nobel Metal" Therefor the ascent of Christ into heaven on the fortieth day after the Resurrection. That being said, the cross was symbolic to that effect and was not a cross only but also the depiction of the flesh being crucified and the later to be purified into Gold.

I know it's a broad leap but you know it's all just an idea anyway, I just don't hold the academic degree to say so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alchemy

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  2. killivolt

Distinguished Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Looks like one more episode, doesn't appear as if we will get anything much either, I think the figure if they've had to wait since kids reading an article then we the followers are going on a long journey to reach the bottom of the mystery.

kv

3. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    It's not looking good. They're going to put a big hole where they haven't even put a test hole yet? That feels like desperation, which is understandable. I'm still optimistic that what we're seeing is being staged. In any good play, the end of Act 2 is when things look bleakest, setting up the triumph in Act 3. The people editing this show are probably film school graduates and know this stuff. Ending the season with a downer wouldn't be cool. But then there's reality to deal with.

Seems to me that the big problem is water. To my mind they haven't spent much time trying to solve that.

killivolt likes this.
  4. killivolt

Distinguished Member

Jan 10, 2010
    I agree, they probably will locate something of interest, then call it luck as they haven't been very lucky up until that point. They did discover the void. What that means is anyone's guess, I tend to think they're going to leave out much of whats going on, just to make more of it than there really is, turning the show into a money maker for sometime. The thing is they are making it even more mysterious when you include the cross, the addition of Templars is intriguing it would change the history books in my opinion, but then who am I right?

No historian thats for sure, and glad of it, I'd hate to go against your peers, it would be like getting the beat in to a gang, then to get beat out even worse later.

The Box drains were discovered so they could or might be able to stop it further inland with an obstruction. Then pump the holes dry, then remove debris from any treasure or artifacts.

kv

5. Raymond Genovese

Thread Starter Member

Mar 5, 2016
    I don't think it is looking good at all. This new hole (and, apparently the last of the season) is hit and miss, although there is a lot of metal indications around where they are going. It still seems like they are guessing.

I predict that they will find some meaningful artifact, maybe even something that they have not seen before...and then that is it for the season.

6. Raymond Genovese

Thread Starter Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Very disappointing last night. They are going nuts with the tangents and now they are back in the swamp?? Also, the said the the site of the new hole has been "pinpointed" to be where H8 moved the vault? As I recall, last week they pretty much just guessed where they would drill the final hole of the season. Yikes!

Yes, I will be watching next week :(

7. killivolt

Distinguished Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Next week isn't new in terms of the season, I think it's just a new repeat like the digging deeper was from a previous week, hope I'm wrong because I didn't ever see season finally.

Although you were correct in the estimation I'm glad I changed my mind here in post #52 to 12th 13th century.

But I was astonished that it would be Phoenician, but my friend here at the Uni pointed out that between the 11th and 12th constitutes 12th century, which is even more astonishing, but might explain the Middle Eastern Bone fragments.

The Phoenicians found Carthage in the 8th century BC so they new about France and Spain or that costal region for well over 2000 years and would seem "not at all" surprising that the Knights Templar had a connection with the Phoenicians.

kv

Edit: I just seen tonight there is another episode.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  8. Raymond Genovese

Thread Starter Member

Mar 5, 2016
    They're setting me up again! If it's not a boulder that is breaking drill teeth at 77 feet, what is it?? Can you get bedrock at 77 feet in one place and none for 210 feet (H8) a few feet over? Is that what I am being set up for?!

killivolt likes this.
  9. killivolt

Distinguished Member

Jan 10, 2010
    They said the original Money pit vault was covered in clay and then some concrete like substance then metal, one of the holes brought out a corner piece of something square which became exciting, a corner piece for reinforcement, it was said, they use to use steel from ships to scavenge metal, decking nails are also found in (H8) or maybe the original hole can't remember, but was found, hand wrought iron. Did it hit Rock? I don't think so, the next episode is all about the stuck casing, so we hopefully will get more info, but the hole flooded preventing a camera view.

I'm also dumb founded about the information they've gather about the cross, deity founded by Phoenicians, dating back to as early as 1200b.c. also at the very end of the episode the red headed lady claims that the cross was also possibly used to smuggle gold inside lead.

The history books should also be rewritten, that part at least and also the mystery of Columbus as a possible Mason knowing where North America was before he ventured out in the ocean.

kv

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  10. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    Why is it starting to sound like the beginning of Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen ....

I think the professor with the Phoenician connection has a hypothesis going in her mind. Till that phone call, I would have never connected a group that lasted till 300 BC to effect the Templar armies in the 11th, 12th, and 13th century. I realize the possibility exists because George Patton studied every ancient tactics of invading armies.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  11. Raymond Genovese

Thread Starter Member

Mar 5, 2016
    ... or maybe

JoeJester likes this.
  12. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    That's a good teaser for sure, but I may be more intrigued about whatever went on in the swamp. Finding a survey post is not new, but it's damn exciting to pull it out of the muck and realize it's been there for hundreds of years. Learning why those posts were placed there has got to be an important part of the puzzle. Drain that swamp and get digging!

killivolt likes this.
  13. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    OK, today I'm confused. The teaser for episode 14 ran at the end of episode 13 last week. It showed what was coming this week, but none of that actually was covered. It's as if they decided at the last minute to run the Templar episode 14 out of order. Is this another clue that they are guiding us to where this is going? Why spend so much time with the templars if it turned out to be 'just' pirate booty? Or has the season ended already and this was just filler to eke out one extra episode?

14. killivolt

Distinguished Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Yesterday, I was in the middle of Valentines day when you posted, got the wife a take out order of Mexican Food, poured a drink and started 3D modeling, while I wait for her to come home.

Good question, the history channel has been embarking on the Knights order for awhile now, seems they had their hands in everything back then. I don't know what more will come of the episodes either, seems to me the drilling is just beginning to show signs of reaching their intended destination with the teeth breaking off makes sense if you have a vault covered in steel.

Steel production would have been known early on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel

So, a good form of steel by the year 1000 A.D. and on, could cover the vault making it difficult to penetrate even by today's standard. It seems to me they've located the vault because another episode of treasure lost by the Confederates shows Marty Lagina being approached to fund a search for the Gold in Lake Michigan with a new series coming on I'm beginning to wonder if they will end it and start it back up next year. They need to come up with a better way to drill through the steel because the teeth on the last drill broke off and the drill rig damaged by the force exerted on the rig, they will have to get the water out and use a cutting torch or another method of sorts in my opinion, if they believe their on the vault excavation makes sense to me. That way you can pour a wide concrete cylinder to block the water flow, go all the way down to the the vault, then empty it's contents and leave the vault for site see'er, of course you would have pictures of the excavation on the walls around the vault etc make it an attraction that will continue for future generations to come.

I don't know what do you think?

kv

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018 at 10:35 AM
  15. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Noting but questions. I want answers!

killivolt likes this.
  16. Raymond Genovese

Thread Starter Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Yes, complete confusion.

The schedule at http://www.history.ca/the-curse-of-oak-island/schedule/ has:

Next week (on Sun where I was viewing them on Tue) has Unhinged followed by the Knights Templar Connection.

Unhinged was shown two weeks ago (Season 5 ⋅ Episode 13)
    The KT connection was shown last week. but it is on the schedule as coming up on 18 Feb paired with Unhinged.

Sun Feb 25th lists an episode called Steel Trap, which we have not seen yet.
    Sun Mar 4 lists an episode called The Curse of Oak Island 60, which we have not seen yet.
    Sun Mar 11 lists a rerun of a ton of episodes ending with an episode called The Curse of Oak Island 61.

@killivolt The problem I have with the vault being the object breaking the drill teeth is that the hit it at 70' where as H8 hit the vault at 170' as I recall. The idea that they dislodged the vault and it floated up 100' is problematic.

The KT special episode along with what seems like a departure from the schedule suggests they have found some artifacts relating to KT. The colonization of the "New World" by KT is plausible for sure, but would require real evidence and not a single cross. Maybe this is the point, that they have some compelling evidence for just that. OK, I can live with that, I suppose, as long as it is the kind of evidence that hard-core historians can get behind.

Worse, I now see a new show being advertised - http://www.history.ca/the-curse-of-civil-war-gold/ and https://www.monstersandcritics.com/...ar-gold-new-treasure-hunting-show-on-history/

and guess who it appears to feature...The Lagina Brothers - "New series premieres Tuesday, March 6 at 10 EP. With the success of HISTORY's hit series THE CURSE OF OAK ISLAND, treasure hunters Rick and Marty Lagina have been approached by treasure seekers around the world offering leads and seeking advice. A few months ago, Marty learned of a mystery that rivals that of ..."

From another web site, the following message exchange made me smile...

Q. Have they ever found anything on Oak Island?

A. A living making the documentary.

Oy Vey - anybody have a bridge you can sell me :)

killivolt likes this.
  17. killivolt

Distinguished Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thanks @Raymond Genovese , I had no idea where it was going, or if anything would continue. Seems like closure to me, at least for this season.

H8 hit something that could be the vault at 170', we still don't know how much the island might have maybe other hidden locations which no one knows at different depths, maybe there is more than the vault. They said if it was rock they would know, what's harder than rock? the hammer grab couldn't pull anything up, so they want to smash through what ever it is or did they decide to go another route? Maybe the money pit was not the vault at all and was just a means to dig a trap, I remember an earlier episode they said miners from Scottland mined for mineral below the ocean floor, who's is to say that Sinclair maybe thought of this and could deploy the trap for would be robbers, description of the method was a shaft down to a depth below the ocean floor then a side shaft over, sounds a little like the description of the money pit or at least these miners had the ability, where would they obtain coconut fibers?

I certainly hope so, it would end the season on an up note for me. Right now like @wayneh say's just more questions to an ever growing mystery.

Yes, agreed. I think that we have a case to begin to build new history around the discovery of the America's, I don't think it's just the Phoenicians or KT, I have this idea Masonry was at the heart of the KT, it was they who formed stratagems, the Masonic order was just the outward expression of those behind the scene's dictating or giving them marching orders. Has there always been this society? I don't know

Other possibility the Masons in history and about Egypt connection

Ya, the Brooklyn Bridge. :)

kv

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018 at 2:58 PM