Do you like this snow we been having?

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I think it is cyclical. Think about all of the drought of the last 10+ years. That precipitation was bound to return. I wish it didn't decided to return as snow...

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
I think it is cyclical. Think about all of the drought of the last 10+ years. That precipitation was bound to return. I wish it didn't decided to return as snow...
I would rather have the snow than a rain event like Hurricaine Agnes of 1972. Man, Ellicott City was under 20 feet of water....
Hiking along the banks of the Patapsco you can still see remains of towns that were abandoned and left in ruins....large tandem trucks strewn along the banks like Tonka Toys, some leaving great snags to catch the trout they release each spring so quit my damn whining and get the poles ready to catch some suculent juicey trout and may as well net a bunch of crawdaddys for a snack while I am at it. mmm....mmmmmm...mmm!

Beenthere,
I remember the flood of 93!
I was scheduled to do some training at Snorkelift at Elwood Kansas and everyone neglected to tell me that Snorkelift was under a dozen feet of rampaging river! It was interesting in a train-wreck sort of way.
It was a sad time for the area....

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Riffa,you live in "Male" looks like a clean place to live.
How is the sports diving,any american fast foods
like McDonalds. Looks like great place to visit,
the submarine ride looks good,how much.

Last edited:

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
VoodooMojo -

I agree to a point. I would rather have 20 inches if snow over 20 inches of rain.. BUT if you just count precipitation, 1 inch of rain makes 10 inches of snow. SOoo, we would only of had about 3 inches of rain over the past 3 weeks. Much easier to deal with.

loosewire-
The Baltimore beltway (695) is only about 35 miles from the Washington beltway (495).
I regularly travel between the two. Very good work opportunities. And entertainment.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Riffa,you live in "Male" looks like a clean place to live.
How is the sports diving,any american fast foods
like McDonalds. Looks like great place to visit,
the submarine ride looks good,how much.
yup!! we have fast food. I think it is McDonalds, not sure though, I go there from time to time but really did not gave a glimpse at the banner. But I do remember seeing a chicken or was it KFC. ( kentucky f$#@$$^ chicken) :D

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Any american business we would know by name,do you
see all our cable stuff with every thing american and all the
news. Is there room for lots of cars,what makes.
Do you pay for subscribed threads.
How do i get there to subscribed threads.
Stay on topic you get any snow.

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Nope!! no snow what so ever.....
we have cable, we get star channels, NG, cartoon network, ESPN, it's all here. CNN, aljazeera you name it we got it.
we have cell phone, with roaming. You can buy a sim and get connected 3G.

Rifaa

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
You are like me your mind goes 90 miles an hour we don't have time
to anwser complete. But there is a lot to us.YOu to busy today,
see you later.

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
We got dumped on again this morning, courtesy of a Canadian cold front. I don't know how many inches, but it looks deep from here (peeking out the door). I do believe we've broken some records for the Dallas area big time.

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
We got dumped on again this morning, courtesy of a Canadian cold front. I don't know how many inches, but it looks deep from here (peeking out the door). I do believe we've broken some records for the Dallas area big time.

We also got some here, (not much) but if this weather keeps up the way it did last year, it will put a damper on my Morel Mushroom hunting this spring!!!:eek:

B. Morse

count_volta

Joined Feb 4, 2009
Hehehe. While here in Pittsburgh it has been 60 degrees and sunny for the past 1.5 weeks. And it better stay that way!!!

Now we were able to look at the damage the snow storm has done, it caused our gutter to fall off, caused trees to crack and fall, killed our bushes. This snow was almost no different than a hurricane or tornado. I'm glad its over.