Then there was snow...

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Every now and then people do stupid things. I wanted to prove I was no exception to the rule so I thought I would share stupid. We got some snow here in the lovely Cleveland, Ohio suburbs last night. My truck has nice window guards but behold the laws of physics. My two front truck windows were down maybe, absolutely maybe 1/2 inch if that. Keep in mind the truck has those nice window guards. It is amazing how hard wind and we had plenty of wind, can push snow.

Talking to my daughter this morning on the phone and as I look out the front window my truck looks sort of funny, like something is not right with the picture.

Snow Truck 1.png

That was after I knocked the snow off the hood but even before that it was apparent. While people were shoveling their walks I literally shoveled out my truck.

Snow Truck 1.png Snow Truck.png

I've had it drying out for a few hours. I figure around May or June it should be fine. :)

Ron

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
We're only humans... Today I drove 1.5hrs to do an inspection and to put out some rat traps. Guess what was left behind? Yup, the rat traps...

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You fared better than me. This Saturday, while waiting in line in a busy parking lot as cars jockey around, someone backed right into my driver side door. Ouch!
Car is now in the shop being repaired. We get a spanking new SUV AWD to drive around in the meantime.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
You fared better than me. This Saturday, while waiting in line in a busy parking lot as cars jockey around, someone backed right into my driver side door. Ouch!
Car is now in the shop being repaired. We get a spanking new SUV AWD to drive around in the meantime.
That hurts. On the bright side at least it wasn't your fault. I never would have dreamed the wind could push that much snow that hard. :)

Ron

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Though it's not a snow story, I've had a similar experience.

We were on vacation with our young children. Climbing up a mountain to get to our hotel, one of them became carsick. So after unloading the kids and luggage, I took off to a local store to get cleaning supplies. After cleaning the car, I went to bed. We were just above the desert, the air was dry and I left the windows open to let the car dry out.

I woke up the next morning to find that I had parked next to a lawn sprinkler. There must have been two inches of water in the car!

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
The video was funny. Last week we had a 50 vehicle pileup here on I-90 which included about 20 tractor trailers. There is a stretch of I-90 which is hopeless when the snow comes right off Lake Erie. Not to be outdone Erie PA managed a 75 car pileup on the same I-90 in PA.

Djsfantasi, that is funny. Betting it wasn't funny at the time. Uh sprinklers. :)

Ron

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Every now and then people do stupid things. I wanted to prove I was no exception to the rule so I thought I would share stupid. We got some snow here in the lovely Cleveland, Ohio suburbs last night. My truck has nice window guards but behold the laws of physics. My two front truck windows were down maybe, absolutely maybe 1/2 inch if that. Keep in mind the truck has those nice window guards. It is amazing how hard wind and we had plenty of wind, can push snow.

Talking to my daughter this morning on the phone and as I look out the front window my truck looks sort of funny, like something is not right with the picture.

View attachment 116943

That was after I knocked the snow off the hood but even before that it was apparent. While people were shoveling their walks I literally shoveled out my truck.

View attachment 116943 View attachment 116944

I've had it drying out for a few hours. I figure around May or June it should be fine. :)

Ron
That may fog the windows for a while!
:(

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
That may fog the windows for a while!
:(
Yeah, ran windows down a little with the heat (front and rear) maxed out trying to cook out some of the moisture. Hell this gave all my friends a good laugh. Oh yeah as if a snow globe truck were not bad enough my boots had the soles come off. I had those Timberland Gor-Tex boots about 25 years. The rubber soles literally dry rotted away. Damn, I am going to miss those boots.

Ron

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I would pack the car with Desiccant Bags to absorb the residual moisture. You might have to bake them out several times to remove most of the moisture.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Oh yeah as if a snow globe truck were not bad enough my boots had the soles come off. I had those Timberland Gor-Tex boots about 25 years. The rubber soles literally dry rotted away. Damn, I am going to miss those boots.
Ron
That happens to everything down here with the temperature and the lack of humidity (most of the time). It seems really hard on screwdriver handles. Give it a good twist and you have a handful of plastic dust.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I would pack the car with Desiccant Bags to absorb the residual moisture. You might have to bake them out several times to remove most of the moisture.
Actually I have plenty of desiccant bags because I use them in my gun safe. Then too about now in NE Ohio the humidity in the house is the least of my problems. Fortunately the truck has leather seats so I was able to get most of the snow out while it was still in solid form. :) Nice thing about being retired is time is something I have plenty of. Tomorrow I'll go shopping for a new pair of boots.

Ron

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
About 37 F with a drizzle rain right now. Some of the ground cover is melting at least till it gets cold and everything freezes yet again.

Ron