Do you know where you were born?

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
The "birther" issue was in the news this morning, and prompted me to wonder where I was born and if I could swear to it. Of course, I don't remember where I was born (I was very young at the time) so I couldn't really swear to it.

I have a birth certificate that says where I was born, and my mother told me where I was born, but I'm still not sure. What if my father was in a witness protection program and had a false identity, and the federal government created new identities for him, my mother, and me? Surely, the federal government is capable of creating forged documents that look real enough to fool me and other ordinary citizens. And maybe all these aunts, uncles, and cousins that I seem to have are not related to me at all, and they are being duped as well.

I can't be certain.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
And maybe all these aunts, uncles, and cousins that I seem to have are not related to me at all, and they are being duped as well.

I can't be certain.
On a related note, I recently took advantage of one of the Ancestry sites DNA testing.
The results came back fairly predictable.
With just a few interesting genetic traces.
Max.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
On a related note, I recently took advantage of one of the Ancestry sites DNA testing.
The results came back fairly predictable.
With just a few interesting genetic traces.
Max.
I would like to have that done. I have always thought that I am of English ancestry, but I would probably be very surprised.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
The most accurate statement I can make is... A location very very close to the uppermost reaches between my mother's legs.
It is my understanding that I could be found a few inches above that location for about 9 months prior.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I know where I was born. I have the certificate (not some fake reprint) with my little footprints and I have the little wrist band they cut off my mother when we left the hospital.

I know with even more certainty that nobody cares.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I was born under a bad sign along a bad road near a bad town and raised by cheap people in the education, car and home sales and general management professions. :eek:

Even the Gypsies know enough to give me a wide path and the Devil himself send me Christmas and Birthday cards every year to wish me a very long life. :D