DIY bluetooth speaker

SentinelAeon

Joined Apr 7, 2019
Hello, i need some help with making diy bluetooth speaker. I already ordered TDA7492P 2x25W amplifier/bluetooth module. It works with 10-25V. What i need now is power suply (batteries), battery circuit protection and charging module. I am buying it all from ebay (except batteries which i already have).

So can you help me with advices as to what to buy. I am thinking of ordering this protection board, i would use 6 batteries giving me 25.2V at full charge. But now i need a charging board that will handle 25V 2A and has got to have microusb. Any advices ?

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
It depends on the specifications of the charger and the amplifier. Some devices are not meant to charge and run at the same time. That is for example, charging is often done at a higher voltage than the battery full charge. The amp may not like that.

You could add a power switch (single pole single throw) at the location indicated. You say “button” but that makes me think of a momentary contact switch. You’d want a ‘mormal’ switch. .

I’d go one step further and use a SPDT (single pole double throw) switch. It has three terminals. A common and two different inputs/outputs. Wire the common to the + battery lead. Then wire one terminal to the charger and the remaining contact to the amp. The switch is used to either charge the battery or run the amp from the battery.

SentinelAeon

Joined Apr 7, 2019
Thank you for your answer !

When i said button, i meant exactly what you said. A Switch with 3 pins that will either connect amp and battery or battery and charger.
As you see from the image, i will install protection board on those batteries. I wanted to charge them with simple DC power suply, since all protection is already on that board. Would that work ok ? I would hate to have to invest extra money into a special charger for 5 batteries.

SentinelAeon

Joined Apr 7, 2019
Well i will have 5 cells in series but now i have to decide whether to charge them in series, or just charge each 1 individualy, that would mean 5 cheap chargers for lithium cells, and then just connect them to the same power source. Any thoughts on that ?