Diy Bluetooth audio headphones--not working

Pinkvishu

Joined Mar 24, 2019
I was interested in making an audio bluetooth circuit. I found this article a good source of inspiration:
https://www.norwegiancreations.com/2016/12/do-it-yourself-bose-qc15-qc25-bluetooth-module/

My concern is pretty involved: my circuit just isn't working and I am using a 1.) 1000mah/3.7v battery, 2.) a CSR8645 bluetooth breakout module, 3.) 5V 1A micro USB charging board, 4.) A switch, 5.) and two sets of smalls speakers. This is practically what's being used in the article, except for the speakers... I just can't figure out why my circuit isn't working... I think all the components should be compatible.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Welcome to the forum.

And absolutely impossible to answer your question. We don't even know if you it wired it up correctly or even if that project works as described

What have you done to troubleshoot the issue?

BTW many people are not going to go to an unknown website from an unknown user. Post your schematic as a PNG how you have it connected with your "compatible" parts.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
If you did everything the same, except for the 2 sets of speakers, I would suspect the 2 sets of speakers first.

Have you got the same kind of speakers used in article to test with?

Pinkvishu

Joined Mar 24, 2019
Welcome to the forum.

And absolutely impossible to answer your question. We don't even know if you it wired it up correctly or even if that project works as described

BTW many people are not going to go to an unknown website from an unknown user. Post your schematic as a PNG how you have it connected with your "compatible" parts.

Attachments

Pinkvishu

Joined Mar 24, 2019
It's not the speakers, I have used a different power source, a 9v wall plug with a connector plugged into a powerboard, and the Bluetooth turned on. I can't seem to accomplish this with a lipobattery+ powerboard. This bluetooth typicall y works with those. In my past, apart from coin cell battery, regular household battery+ lipo batteries have not worked when I try to pair it with a powerboard to connect to my Bluetooth module.

Attachments

Pinkvishu

Joined Mar 24, 2019
Welcome to the forum.

Pinkvishu

Joined Mar 24, 2019
I am simulating this circuit. Only difference is my battery+ my speakers. Again, I have tried this circuit with different power source + it worked fine.Screenshot_20190324-135232.png

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
It's not the speakers, I have used a different power source, a 9v wall plug with a connector plugged into a powerboard, and the Bluetooth turned on. I can't seem to accomplish this with a lipobattery+ powerboard. This bluetooth typicall y works with those. In my past, apart from coin cell battery, regular household battery+ lipo batteries have not worked when I try to pair it with a powerboard to connect to my Bluetooth module.

That isn't a schematic. It says nothing about what each of those modules are and what their function is.

Start small. I assume one of those devices is a bluethooth module? Just power the device, see if you can connect ot it then move on from there. For additional troubleshooting you are likely going to need test equipment. Do you have any? If not you are just trusting luck to get this fixed.

Pinkvishu

Joined Mar 24, 2019
That isn't a schematic. It says nothing about what each of those modules are and what their function is.

Start small. I assume one of those devices is a bluethooth module? Just power the device, see if you can connect ot it then move on from there. For additional troubleshooting you are likely going to need test equipment. Do you have any? If not you are just trusting luck to get this fixed.
Hey, again, thanks for responding. :)
Questions:
1.) I have an issue powering my device. I was so certain that a 3.7 V Lipo battery running at 1000mah would work with my components.. The charging module doesn't even light up. Do you have any input on this??

2.) What are testing equipment??

3.) I really appreciate your advice, do you mind going further with strategies you think will solve this???
I have a slightly more detailed image than before.

battery_module.PNG
IMG_20190324_133643.jpg CSR8645 Bluetooth module.PNG

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Test equipment is oscilloscope, multi-meter etc.

What are the power requirements of the board?

I see 5V. You will need two batteries in series to power the board. You will need one or two diodes in series before you connect the battery to the board to drop the voltage down to 5V.

Pinkvishu

Joined Mar 24, 2019
datasheet.PNG

Oh! The picture. Here is the datasheet for the module ^^^^ The datasheet appeared to permit that if I used BAT, then I could use a 3.7 V power source.

Pinkvishu

Joined Mar 24, 2019
Or were you referring to the power board...
Here it goes:
  • input port with 5 pin micro USB female, directly use mobile charger for input to the lithium battery, and still retain the input voltage wiring solder joints, very convenient.
  • Connect the battery to B + B - , insert mobile phone charger to the USB Female then red light is charging and green is full of charged.
  • Input voltage: 5V
  • Maximum charging current: 1000 mA
  • Charge cut-off voltage: 4.2 V + / - 1%
  • The battery overcharge protection voltage: 2.5 V
  • Battery over-current protection current: 3 A
  • Input interface: micro USB

Pinkvishu

Joined Mar 24, 2019
Test equipment is oscilloscope, multi-meter etc.

What are the power requirements of the board?

I see 5V. You will need two batteries in series to power the board. You will need one or two diodes in series before you connect the battery to the board to drop the voltage down to 5V.

Thank you for all your help! Going into detail really narrowed things down to a battery issue. As it turns out all I needed to do was charge the battery!

I consider this a silly question. If you bluetooth audio headphone is not working correctly then change it why to waste so much of time in find how to resolve this.

chrisvu

Joined Dec 14, 2019
I am suggesting you one ideas hope you will like it...
you will require two batteries in arrangement to control the board. You will require a couple of diodes in arrangement before you interface the battery to the board to drop the voltage down to 5V.

chrisvu

Joined Dec 14, 2019
I am suggesting you one ideas hope you will like it...
you will require two batteries in arrangement to control the board. You will require a couple of diodes in arrangement before you interface the battery to the board to drop the voltage down to 5V.
I think you should search their answers on Google. If you people use Facebook proxy site and want to get more information about it, then you can check out this link https://eleggible.com/free-facebook-proxy-sites/