Divide two different AC voltage

How fast do you need the result? Is it safe to assume always a sine wave? Might be better to gain up the signals a small bit (say to ~3V p-p) and use a simple micro to capture the signals via ADC, filter out the DC biases, determine the average AC values, and divide the results to get the ratio. An on-chip PWM or simple I2C DAC could make the result a DC voltage. (I'd try it with a "Bluepill" since the ADC will be faster than an those on an 8-bit Arduino, so better for "almost simultaneous" sampling.)

Romie77

Joined Jan 4, 2020
Both values varies from 0.1 to 3V AC.
AD532 is the only available IC, so I need to work on it.
I thought to simulate the result. But this IC is not present on 'multisim' (online) software.
Is there any free simultor available online?

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
What exactly is the output result you expect from this division?
Note that dividing by zero, when the sinewave goes through zero, is undefined and will likely saturate the chip.

I couldn't find an AD532 Spice model, but I do have an AD633 model, which is a similar device, for the free LTspice simulator program from Analog Devices/Linear Technology, which I use.

Romie77

Joined Jan 4, 2020
I think the way in which I had described the issue is not perfect. Sorry. Actually, I dont need to divide actual sine wave but I need to divide two AC values read by multimeter.

Romie77

Joined Jan 4, 2020
So how would you do that, other than with a calculator?
Exactly!! I was looking for a circuit to get output reading directly and bypass calculator uses.
I got the datasheet of AD532 which shows divider circuit. But I am unable to simulate it as I had discussed in post#6.