DisplayPort to HDMI Help

QueenEtherea

Joined Apr 22, 2020
Hello everyone. I don’t even know if this is the appropriate forum to post this, so if it’s not, please let me know!

Like many of us, I am currently working from home. I was able to take my monitor home to use as a second monitor to my laptop. The problem is the port on the monitor is DisplayPort, and the the port on my laptop is HDMI. I bought an adapter, but it didn’t work, and I didn’t think it would. How can I configure this so that I can use my monitor as a second monitor to my laptop? Or even if I can get my laptop to display on the monitor, that would be fine too.

Monitor Model: Lenovo ThinkCentre TIO22Gen3
Model No.: A17TIO22

Laptop: HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m-ba0xx - Windows 10

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Hello everyone. I don’t even know if this is the appropriate forum to post this, so if it’s not, please let me know!

Like many of us, I am currently working from home. I was able to take my monitor home to use as a second monitor to my laptop. The problem is the port on the monitor is DisplayPort, and the the port on my laptop is HDMI. I bought an adapter, but it didn’t work, and I didn’t think it would. How can I configure this so that I can use my monitor as a second monitor to my laptop? Or even if I can get my laptop to display on the monitor, that would be fine too.

Monitor Model: Lenovo ThinkCentre TIO22Gen3
Model No.: A17TIO22

Laptop: HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m-ba0xx - Windows 10
hi

you have to use a “HDMI to DisplayPort” adapter.

you cannot use a “DisplayPort to HDMI” adapter by reversing the connections..