Discussing Half line discrepancy effect in interlaced scanning....

benta

Joined Dec 7, 2015
crutschow and Papabravo, please stop this. It leads nowhere and only shows that you have too much time on your hands.

Benta.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Killjoy.
And I do have too much time on my hands (feet also). :rolleyes:
I consider crutschow to be among my best online friends. Snappy repartee is what good friends often engage in, although some might mistake it for something else. I would only do it with someone that I like and trust and in my view it is a form of deep respect. I don't know if crutschow's views are similar, but I think it highly likely. Since I retired 2.31745680 years ago I do have way too much time on my hands, and I refuse to apologize for that.

benta

Joined Dec 7, 2015
Yes, all wonderful. I just wanted to point out that your friendly banter about an electron on a capacitor does not help the OP one inch further.
Staying strict on topic does, and is useful to other participants.

Benta.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Yes, all wonderful. I just wanted to point out that your friendly banter about an electron on a capacitor does not help the OP one inch further.

Benta.
In truth nothing may help him since all the information he needs to recreate the simulation is there in the diagram.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Benta, that's all true about it strictly not helping the OP.
But you seem to be new to this forum, based upon your number of posts, so you may not have noticed, that sort of banter occurs all the time here, and I'm certainly not going to stop.
You may be all serious, but most of us are not. :p
If that bothers you then you can ignore the posts you find frivolous, or you may need to find a different forum more suited to your somber attitude. :rolleyes:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Benta, that's all true about it strictly not helping the OP.
But you seem to be new to this forum, based upon your number of posts, so you may not have noticed, that sort of banter occurs all the time here, and I'm certainly not going to stop.
You may be all serious, but most of us are not. :p
If that bothers you then you can ignore the posts you find frivolous, or you may need to find a different forum more suited to your somber attitude. :rolleyes:
It also doesn't mean that the banter was devoid of technical content and understanding things that behave exponentially can sometimes be a bit mind bending. This is especially true at the intersection of Physics and Mathematics. There are those that prefer one to the exclusion of the other, but the best engineers, technicians, and hobbyists are the ones who are bilingual.

Himanshoo

Joined Apr 3, 2015
After careful analysing what I inferred is this…..

When equalising pulses appears at the input RC circuit the capacitor Ccharges along an exponential curve and the voltage output across Cduring these intervals of equalising pulse is a very small fraction of the final value. When the trailing edges of equalising pulses appear, the small charge stored on the capacitor discharges along an exponential curve. The final result is a very small toothed voltage across the capacitor, which decays till the commencement of final fifth equalising pulse to a negligible value practically because..

as vertical sync pulse have longer charge period and less discharge period so more charge builds up on the capacitor and the capacitor has less time to discharge hence with the arrival of next vertical sync pulse more charge accumulates on the cap and adds to to the charge already built up across the capacitor….and the output keeps on growing but exactly reverse happens in the case of equalising pulse because in equalising pulse charge period is less and discharge period is more so less charge stored during first equalising pulse and more is discharged and again less is stored which is less than previous equalising pulse and more is discharged which is more than the previous pulse..so the pattern of output voltage is very small spikes which appears to move downhill unlike in the case of vertical sync pulse….

Am I right ??

Last edited:

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Yes.
The voltage on the capacitor is related to the the duty-cycle of the pulses.
The equalizing pulses have a small duty-cycle so the voltage goes towards zero.
The vertical sync pulses have a large duty-cycle so the voltage goes towards the pulse voltage high value.

benta

Joined Dec 7, 2015
Himanshoo, your analysis is correct. Splitting up the problem in a charge/discharge scenario (instead of duty cycle) simplifies the visualization and eventual calculation.

Benta.

benta

Joined Dec 7, 2015
In today's HDTV world, detailed questions about the ins and outs of RS-170A are rare - note that all of the responders are geezers.
That's probably the most arrogant reply I've seen in a long time.
So we're all geezers, eh?
My profile does not state my age.
And you can also extend your disdain to audio enthusiasts working with vacuum tubes, or vinyl LPs etc.

There are actually quite a lot of installations out there still running CVBS. Not to mention less developed areas in the world, where analog TV still is the standard.

I strongly advise you to rein in your contempt of older people and older technology.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
benta - Whoa! Hold on there, junior. First, post #21, and now this? Let me guess, you always wanted to be a hall monitor in high school...?

First, at 65 I'm younger than Wally and probably Papa, but much older than the majority of the people asking questions on this forum. I geeze with gusto.
Second, read past posts from Wally and me about our ages and changing technology.
Third, I started repairing vacuum tube electronics 50 years ago, and built an all-analog broadcast-quality video recorder 40 years ago.
Fourth, why are you giving me permission to "extend my disdain"?
Fifth, I have no fricking idea what "disdain" you are blabbering about.
Sixth, what does that phrase even mean?
Seventh, Himanshoo's previous posts indicate that he is not in a less developed area of the world.
Eighth, it is "contempt for", not "contempt of."
Ninth, have you seen my avatar?

I usually jump into any thread about video because a) they are increasingly rare; b) I love real video; c) I love to rattle on and on and on about real video and its history. By the time I saw this one it already was fully developed and answered, so while I had nothing to add to the tech discussion, I was curious about the motivation behind the question. The majority of the participants know my history on this and other fora, and that geezer is an inclusive term.

Besides being childishly uninformed, your characterization of my reply is incorrect. For the most arrogant reply in a long time, see post #32.

ak

Last edited:

benta

Joined Dec 7, 2015
benta - Whoa! Hold on there, junior. First, post #21, and now this? Let me guess, you always wanted to be a hall monitor in high school...?

First, at 65 I'm younger than Wally and probably Papa, but much older than the majority of the people asking questions on this forum. I geeze with gusto.
Second, read past posts from Wally and me about our ages and changing technology.
Third, I started repairing vacuum tube electronics 50 years ago, and built an all-analog broadcast-quality video recorder 40 years ago.
Fourth, why are you giving me permission to "extend my disdain"?
Fifth, I have no fricking idea what "disdain" you are blabbering about.
Sixth, what does that phrase even mean?
Seventh, Himanshoo's previous posts indicate that he is not in a less developed area of the world.
Eighth, it is "contempt for", not "contempt of."
Ninth, have you seen my avatar?

I usually jump into any thread about video because a) they are increasingly rare; b) I love real video; c) I love to rattle on and on and on about real video and its history. By the time I saw this one it already was fully developed and answered, so while I had nothing to add to the tech discussion, I was curious about the motivation behind the question. The majority of the participants know my history on this and other fora, and that geezer is an inclusive term.

Besides being childishly uninformed, your characterization of my reply is incorrect. For the most arrogant reply in a long time, see post #32.
"Junior?" Your arrogance is showing again, you have no knowledge of my age, but I suppose you are referring to the number of my posts this far. Just before that, I was a "geezer".

Never mind. I now understand that you, Papabravo and crutschow (and perhaps a few others) run this site as "the experienced guys with a lot of posts". And you have a communication style between you that is not obvious to newcomers and is actually quite insulting. Your insults may be intended for each other, but that is not immediately understandable to outsiders.
I have no doubts about your TECHNICAL qualifications and respect them.
I wish you'd respect mine, instead of calling me "childishly uninformed". Good upbringing looks different to me, but with your 65 no longer repairable.

I've already left this site once due to this kind of behaviour, I thought I'd give it a second chance, but no. I'm off.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Benta, you are obviously easily offended by the way we typically communicate here so perhaps a different forum is a better choice for you.

Himanshoo

Joined Apr 3, 2015
I was watching all these comments made by all the dignified members of this forum....
I realize that its good to fight and make comments..but not with each other for degrading someones persona...

The most prime objective of this forum is knowledge sharing..irrespective of the member's background and knowledge level...
I joined this forum for this purpose only ..and was lucky enough to get support from all veteran members of this forum (won't take names)

I sorry for members who are offended ...but just being offended by some sarcastic comment is not valid reason to leave a forum...
Everyone here is free to put forward his independent views but deciding the lethality of that view is the work of the moderator and should be left on him...
Appreciators and critics both should be respected for a healthy and knowledge improvising discussion...