Disappearing formula in post

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Yesterday, in post #10 of this thread, I included a mathematical formula constructed using 'tex' tags. When posted, the formula was visible. Today, on refreshing the page view, the formula was invisible. I had to edit the post to make it visible again. What's going on? Is this a site bug or a browser bug (Firefox 33.1 on WinXP SP3)?

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
The only post of yours in that thread that shows an edit is from Sunday. Your last post with this formula:
upload_2014-11-11_5-27-5.png

does not show an "edit" flag. Current Chrome/Win 7 Pro. Why no edit flag is perplexing, if you had do go through the edit dialog.

John

Attachments

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
If it makes you feel better, I had an odd thing happen this morning too. I posted a question in the network forum and inserted a link for one word to an earlier thread. Usually, I test such things after the thread was posted. When I did that, the whole sentence was underlined and in blue. I figured that maybe I had highlighted too much, so I edited the post to make sure only the word was linked. Saved edit and re-checked. Indeed, only one word was in blue showing a link. When I clicked on it and then returned, the whole sentence was again in blue.

It may look odd,but at least it works.

Have a good day.

John

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Perhaps the editor is having an off day. Thanks John. I now feel better. Have a good day yourself ;).