Disable auto off for IP5306 lithium battery IC

LikeTheSandwich

Joined Feb 22, 2021
So I have some battery charging PCBs which contain IP5306 circuits. Those circuits apparently have I2C protocol, but I can't figure out how to use it (what pins, how to send the data, etc). I found a few data sheets on it, such as this one which (with Google Translate) tells me it's bit 5 I need to disable, and this one which tells about the pins and the fact it supports I2C communications. I also found a post on github about M5Stack, but I don't know what that is at all. Is there anyone who can explain how to change this bit or at least point me in the right direction to figure out how to do it? It would immensely awesome if you could help me!

EDIT: Oops, I think the first document which talks about the I2C commands actually does have pin connection instructions. I'll try it out tomorrow and see how it goes.

Last edited:

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
So I have some battery charging PCBs which contain IP5306 circuits. Those circuits apparently have I2C protocol, but I can't figure out how to use it (what pins, how to send the data, etc). I found a few data sheets on it, such as this one which (with Google Translate) tells me it's bit 5 I need to disable, and this one which tells about the pins and the fact it supports I2C communications. I also found a post on github about M5Stack, but I don't know what that is at all. Is there anyone who can explain how to change this bit or at least point me in the right direction to figure out how to do it? It would immensely awesome if you could help me!
Please explain WHY you want to disable the AutoOff function so you can discharge the lithium battery beyond the design of the preset values in the IP5306.

do you only want to use the lithium battery one time? Because over discharging the lithium battery ruins the battery.

LikeTheSandwich

Joined Feb 22, 2021
Please explain WHY you want to disable the AutoOff function so you can discharge the lithium battery beyond the design of the preset values in the IP5306.

do you only want to use the lithium battery one time? Because over discharging the lithium battery ruins the battery.
This auto off function is for low-current, under 45mA. Undervoltage protection should not be affected.

Also I did find a library on Github that will allow me to use the I2C protocol with an ESP32 (which I have handy), but I still don't know what pins go where, or what the correct commands are. Still researching though.

EDIT: Oops, I think my first post which talks about the I2C commands actually does have pin connection instructions. I'll try it out tomorrow and see how it goes.

Last edited: