Diode Model for Converter Simulation in LTSpice

DannyInduction

Joined Jan 17, 2023
Hey there!
For my master thesis I am simulating a converter for induction heating. The power of the inductor is at 165kW. The problem is that I do not find a good diode model. As you can see in the simulation I made my own model DD600, based on the diode model 1N4148. So know I want to change the values of the Diode. I had tried to put the forward voltage in but then the simulation is not running anymore. And when I set Rs under 0.1ohm the simulation is also not running. Right now I have power losses in the bridge rectifier of 40kW. I don't know how to make it right.

I hope you guys can help me!!

Attachments

DannyInduction

Joined Jan 17, 2023
Hi ericgibbs! Thanks for the fast answer!
My problem was the power loss in the bridge rectifier, but I found the answer. I did forget to set the Ron value.

But now I have another problem. In my thesis I compare two different converter types. A compensated one and a not compensated one. The none compensated Is this above and it is running but the compensated converter is doing weird stuff. Can you please look over it?

Attachments

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Danny,
This sim is just a quick check of the rectification and loading, Diode set as Ron =0.0001
I will download your post #3 asc file and run it.
E
EG57_ 471.png

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Hi
Your simulation has rapidly changing signals with rapidly changing derivatives.
The presence of a pseudo-transient analysis is indicative of difficulty in establishing a DC operating point.
Basically, LTSpice cannot compute solutions for a very small-time, hence the time step has to be increased.

It is a limitation within LTSpice.

E