DigitalTimer and remote, Where am I going wrong???

10thMtnSDM

Joined Nov 15, 2022
Untitled.png
So I am running into problems when both the DigitalTimer and remote control signal wires are connected together with the Motor. They should only be sending signal (current) when either the timer goes off or the remote is triggered. yet when both are connected the motor is receiving full power.

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
A link to the timer and RF remote would be helpful.
Are you saying the system works OK using either control by itself but not when used together?

10thMtnSDM

Joined Nov 15, 2022
A link to the timer and RF remote would be helpful.
Are you saying the system works OK using either control by itself but not when used together?
Correct. Both independently work just fine when either one is connected to the motor, it’s when I connect both in the same circuit that the motor automatically switches on and won’t cut off until the connection is separated.

10thMtnSDM

Joined Nov 15, 2022
Correct. Both independently work just fine when either one is connected to the motor, it’s when I connect both in the same circuit that the motor automatically switches on and won’t cut off until the connection is separated.
Link to remote : dstfuy Remote Control Switch 12V,DC 12V/24V/48V/72V/40A Relay, Wireless RF Switch with 984FT Long Range,Remote Switch for Anti-Theft Alarms,Roller Lind Door,Gate Barriers(New) https://a.co/d/fghHGOp

link to the timer: Highwild 6V/12V Universal Game Feeder Digital Timer https://a.co/d/3afNgDx

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
If I understand you correctly with the timer and remote connected but neither commanding the motor to run then the motor is running. On that assumption each has a single pole contact set I think on one you have the contact in the positive feed and on the other you have the contact in the negative feed.
Posting the information requested by sghioto will be a great help in solving your problem.

Les.

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
I think what is happening is that the Timer module is switching the Negative side of the battery and the RF unit is switching the Plus side as shown below. When both are connected there is power to the motor continuously.
1668538470107.png
Could add a relay to the output of the Timer to switch the Plus side.
1668539142603.png

Last edited: