DİGİTAL LOGİC DESİGN

RAİDEN38

Joined May 30, 2020
Question: Design a 7-segment displayed BCD counter using positive edge-triggered flip-flops which counts from “your student id number” to it’s “9’s complement value”, then returns to your id number again, and repeats counting sequence with the applied clock signal. Describe your design steps. Simulate your circuit using trial version of the simulation software Logicly (https://logic.ly/) or with Logisim (https://sourceforge.net/projects/circuit/). Save and upload the simulation file you designed (please check it works!) with your exam report.
MY ID = 17290240

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Welcome to AAC!
For help with homework problems, please show your work so far and we can help you with the details. We do not do your work for you.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I really work a lot but at this question ı am stuck ı am not figure out.
Post your work so we can see where you're getting stuck.

What flip flops are you using?

I saw an earlier post that had a PDF attachment. I couldn't download because the thread was deleted or moved.

RBR1317

Joined Nov 13, 2010
Is this project to be designed around "your {particular} student number" or is the project supposed to accept a student number that is entered manually? Does the circuit need to compute the 9's complement or will you find the 9's complement before designing the circuit?
Also, does it need to be a sequential counter, or can it be a parallel counter where each digit counts up to its final value individually?

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Let's start real simple: how many flip-flops will be required to show 8 decimal digits. If that question is too challenging, then how may flip-flops will be required to display one decimal digit?

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Well, the first step is not to draw the schematic. Perhaps you should try to break th problem down into pieces that you can design.

Bob

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi 38,
That document is only the Final Exam question.
Where is your attempt at drawing the required circuit diagram?
Question: Design a 7-segment displayed BCD counter using positive edge-triggered flip-flops which counts from “your student id number” to it’s “9’s complement value”, then returns to your id number again, and repeats counting sequence with the applied clock signal
We can then help you.
E

RAİDEN38

Joined May 30, 2020
hi 38,
That document is only the Final Exam question.
Where is your attempt at drawing the required circuit diagram?
Question: Design a 7-segment displayed BCD counter using positive edge-triggered flip-flops which counts from “your student id number” to it’s “9’s complement value”, then returns to your id number again, and repeats counting sequence with the applied clock signal
We can then help you.
E
it is a lab questions