Differential Amplifier

dhpatil

Joined Jun 18, 2007
Hi All,
I am using a differential amplifier. I had one doubt regarding input to the differential amplifier. Is it required to connect the circuit ground to the differential input common terminals? If i did so i am getting well stable data, and not then got so many fluctuations for output. So can any body guide me in this matter.

Dhairyashil

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
It would be helpful if you provided a schematic of your differential amplifier.

There are applications for differential amplifiers where the input signal source needs no ground. One such application is a magnetic read-head.

hgmjr

dhpatil

Joined Jun 18, 2007
It would be helpful if you provided a schematic of your differential amplifier.

There are applications for differential amplifiers where the input signal source needs no ground. One such application is a magnetic read-head.

hgmjr
Hi

I am attaching the schematic for differential amplifier. The three stage classical Instrumentation amplifier is used in differential mode. Can you give me suggestions in this circuit. The amplifier works on +12V and -5V supply. Vinst_out is the output to be monitored.

Dhairyashil

dhpatil

Joined Jun 18, 2007
Hi

Can any body explain me how should i use instrumentation amplifier in Differential mode with input signal source ground isolated from circuit ground?

Distort10n

Joined Dec 25, 2006
You could use an isolation amplifier which isolates the two grounds. This will give you protection, and supply you with an input bias return path to ground for the instrumentation amplifer.

What is your design?