Will someone help me derive the diff. eq.? f(t) and any of its derivatives in terms of C1, R1, C2, R2, y(t), and any of y(t)'s derivatives. Thanks.
Attachments
-
24.2 KB Views: 19
In general, try to make your work easy to follow by defining terms not on your diagram. For instant, in your first equation you use "I" but don't give any indication of what it is and require your readers to figure it out. Instead, make a notation that, "The current 'I' is flowing out of the supply (i.e., flowing left to right in R1)". Finally, the voltage across the capacitor C1 is equal to the definite integral from 0 to t, not the indefinite integral. Arguably, we should use a dummy variable for the integrand, but it isn't too confusing to just keep it as t.I tried to solve it, but I don't think I did it right. Please bear with me. Here is what I got:
Don't forget about the initial conditions. In this equation, C1 could have a voltage across it (positive on left side) at t=0, which we will call V1. Sof=y+1/C1*∫I*dt+I*R1
Don't just use 'df' and 'dy'. These are infinitesimal quantities. Either use df/dt or use f' since the apostrophe is an accepted notation for the derivative with respect to a single variable, particularly time. Sodf=dy+1/C1*I+dI*R1
No problem here except the notation points already mentioned. So.I=y/R2+C2*dy
dI=dy/R2+C2*d2y
Still no problem. Cleaning up the notation, we havedf=dy+1/C1*(y/R2+C2*dy)+(dy/R2+C2*d2y)*R1
You are just fine. Again, cleaning up the notation.df=d2y*R1*C2+dy*(1+C2/C1+R1/R2)+y/(C1*R2)
So you can see how hard it can be for someone to back out what you are doing. If, instead, you indicate on your drawing I, I2, and I3 and then simply sayin my steps I my i1=i2+i3 was in the form:
I=y/R2+C2*dy
where i1=I, i2=y/R2, and i3=C2*dy