Diagnostic motherboard BIOSTAR G41D3C

Abdelwahed Satouri

Joined May 14, 2018
Hello everyone,
first of all i would like to point out that i'm a beginner and i want so much to improve my skills. My desktop computer having BIOSTAR G41D3C as a motherboard won't turn on (only the fan working) , don't have any signal in the screen despite that i tried with the internal and external graphic card , so i want to make a diagnosis with the multimeter to find the reason of this trouble , i downloaded the Schematic of the motherboard but i don't know how i have to start my work.

Attachments

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
My opinion is that working on misbehaving motherboards is a waste of time. You won't have any way to test all functionality after making any repairs. If there's an undetected problem, it will just result in erratic behavior that could cause data loss and even more wasted time and effort.

If the problem is something simple, like a defective power supply, a fix is more reasonable because you can test all functionality.

I've started cherry picking parts and building my own computers about 25 years ago. I haven't built one for about a decade because OEM computers are so much more capable and inexpensive that that is no longer worthwhile.

I only troubleshoot systems to the board or module level. If a graphics card stops working, I replace it. If a power supply stops working, I replace it (they're too inexpensive to waste time repairing).

Abdelwahed Satouri

Joined May 14, 2018
My opinion is that working on misbehaving motherboards is a waste of time. You won't have any way to test all functionality after making any repairs. If there's an undetected problem, it will just result in erratic behavior that could cause data loss and even more wasted time and effort.

If the problem is something simple, like a defective power supply, a fix is more reasonable because you can test all functionality.

I've started cherry picking parts and building my own computers about 25 years ago. I haven't built one for about a decade because OEM computers are so much more capable and inexpensive that that is no longer worthwhile.

I only troubleshoot systems to the board or module level. If a graphics card stops working, I replace it. If a power supply stops working, I replace it (they're too inexpensive to waste time repairing).
Thank you so much for advising me but as i said i'm interested for learning and improving my skills in electronic (how i test components by following the steps by reading the schematic

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Thank you so much for advising me but as i said i'm interested for learning and improving my skills in electronic (how i test components by following the steps by reading the schematic
If you're not getting far enough along in the boot process to get beep codes, I think you're out of luck.

You could try getting one of those boards that monitors boot process; it might give meaningful error codes if you're not getting far enough to get beep codes. I have one, but can't recall what they're called...

The motherboard manual should have beep code information.

Beep codes for several manufacturers (BIOS):
https://kb.iu.edu/d/afzy