DIAC IV Curve With Oscilloscope.

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
I'm using LTspice. I designed the DIAC DB3 model myself. I made a model of a symmetric NPN transistor that takes into account the avalanche mode. The model has parameters that allow to model other DIACs.

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
If you use a 20 Ohm resistor as the load, the DIAC will emit smoke or explode. I suspected this at once, but didn't get to the hand test. Here I have calculated the power (blue).Diac3.png

aragon1971

Joined Apr 7, 2008
xaxa i know that ... i connect the 20 Ω and i replace the diode with a new (is a dB3 type)
the proper connection is serie with the 2kΩ

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
i measure the resistance between output and 0 and was a few ohms
I am not sure what you mean by '0'. If this is the centre tap of the transformer then a few ohms is expected.
To check if it is floating you should measure the resistance between the output and your 'scope earth clip. This should be high resistance or overrange.

aragon1971

Joined Apr 7, 2008
I am not sure what you mean by '0'. If this is the centre tap of the transformer then a few ohms is expected.
To check if it is floating you should measure the resistance between the output and your 'scope earth clip. This should be high resistance or overrange.
ok... if it possible make a schematic of measurement thank you very much