Developing I/O Module

Vincent19

Joined Nov 11, 2014
Any examples on how I can present the working flow of the I/O module architecture using Visual Studio 2010 ?

Any ideas what need to be done ?

A GUI with what ?

Thanks for the help.

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
Well, I really have no idea without more information. Are you talking about a simulation of a hardware I/O module or developing a software I/O module? What course is this homework for? Throw us a bone...

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Vincent19,

Please take a few minutes and write out clear thoughts, instead of attempting to convey something with the least number of words and as cryptic as possible.

Are you attempting to connect software to hardware? Software to software? Software to a crustacean?

You've noted Visual Studio, but don't mention what programming language.

You want us to suggest what your GUI should contain without providing information as to what the system is intended to do.

Please take some time and explain what you hope to accomplish as though we are unfamiliar with what you are trying to do.

Vincent19

Joined Nov 11, 2014
Hi, Yes basically just software. No hardware involved. I have to do a software implementation to best present the working process of I/O module architecture. Like I/O module block diagram : http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--_1n_5pw-RM/Uqm8n4wL1OI/AAAAAAAAAEU/rDej6IuZUWU/s1600/Picture3.png

I have to use any kind of programming language to do this.

I think LabView can do this job pretty easy.

Are you guys clear on my question now ?

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks.

Vincent19

Joined Nov 11, 2014
Well, I really have no idea without more information. Are you talking about a simulation of a hardware I/O module or developing a software I/O module? What course is this homework for? Throw us a bone...
Hi,

This homework is for computer system and multimedia course.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
What are the requirements? Is there a certain number of I/O? How are you to prove the module works?

Is this to be used later for some sort of I/O for another program? If so, what is the interface?

LabView? You said before it had to be Visual Studio, what happened to that?

Define your requirements at a detail-oriented level. E.g X number of inputs, on operating system Q, must have N bit data path, etc.

Perhaps drawing a block diagram of your actual desired implementation would help clarify this point.

Vincent19

Joined Nov 11, 2014
What are the requirements? Is there a certain number of I/O? How are you to prove the module works?

Is this to be used later for some sort of I/O for another program? If so, what is the interface?

LabView? You said before it had to be Visual Studio, what happened to that?

Define your requirements at a detail-oriented level. E.g X number of inputs, on operating system Q, must have N bit data path, etc.

Perhaps drawing a block diagram of your actual desired implementation would help clarify this point.
Hi,

I think labview is easier to implement as I know some labview programming. I need to do three type of I/O module :
1. Input
2. Output
3. Bi-directional

Here's the simple block diagram : http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--_1n_5pw-RM/Uqm8n4wL1OI/AAAAAAAAAEU/rDej6IuZUWU/s1600/Picture3.png

Thanks !

We just need to show how actually the process goes. For example for printer case, when I press print, then computer will then search for the address buses for the specific printer, then the computer will send control like to the printer and check its status. If it is not busy, then computer will send the data to be printed to the printer.

Something like this. We have to show the flow of all the 3 buses.