Developement of -16 volts to 1000 volts pulse circuit

bhaskar.udupi

Joined Aug 21, 2013
Hii All
I want to develop a -16volts t0 1000 volts pulsing circuit for driving a diode for tuning and detuning the antenna. In -16V level my diode ciruit will be in forward bias and wil draw 1.8 ampere. In 1000 volts, diode will be in reverse bias. Pulse width required is 2 mili seconds to 10 mili seconds. I am new to this field and can some one help me in this?

zophas

Joined Jul 16, 2021
More info is required. How did you come up with those voltages? -16 v and 1000 v don't seem to be voltages that should be fed into an antenna. What are you trying to receive or transmit? Are you trying to contact aliens?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hii All
I want to develop a -16volts t0 1000 volts pulsing circuit for driving a diode for tuning and detuning the antenna. In -16V level my diode ciruit will be in forward bias and wil draw 1.8 ampere. In 1000 volts, diode will be in reverse bias. Pulse width required is 2 mili seconds to 10 mili seconds. I am new to this field and can some one help me in this?
Where is the power for these voltages coming from?

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
for tuning and detuning the antenna
There is a simple way to tune a antenna and this is not it. What frequency will the antenna be tuned to?
If you want to pulse the antenna 100V would be just fine and probably will not break down the insulation. It has been 40 years but I think I did it at 5 volts.

Last edited: