Deriving Product of Sum from circuit (decoder + AND gate)

Ivaaaa

Joined Nov 9, 2019

This is a question that I'm supposed to complete. But I'm not sure if I'm on the right track. Can someone tell me if this is the right approach?

I've been struggling with this module, and would appreciate some tips on going in the right direction.

Here's my answer, which I'm quite certain is wrong..., but I tried my best. I've included why i did some things in that way:

Therefore, the answer I got is (3,6):

I'm also not sure how to arrange the x,y,z in the truth table. Is there a specific order to follow now? Since the Y is used as an enable.

Thank you for your help!

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
The order in the truth table doesn't matter too much, except that if you are going to indicate terms using binary, you need to make it clear what order you are using (which you pretty much have done).

Ivaaaa

Joined Nov 9, 2019
The order in the truth table doesn't matter too much, except that if you are going to indicate terms using binary, you need to make it clear what order you are using (which you pretty much have done).
Thank you for your response, and noted on that point!

Oh and I forgot to include this in my question, but given the diagram, the answer is supposed to be in this form:
F(X,Y,Z) = IIM(______) <- where ____ is the answer I'm supposed to input/the sum of maxterms.